“Repeat visit”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here once and liked it so well we stayed again on our way home. A very nice Comfort Suites and in a quiet location. Would recommend for road trips. We get a discount at Choice Hotels and this one was a bargain.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Let's say you are traveling from Chicago to Florida. This is a good stopping point for your trip.

My family of 7 knocked off for the night here on our recent journey. From our home in the SE Chicagoland area, it was a good 8-9 hours drive. But once we arrived, the checkin was very fast. We actually reserved two rooms just because we didn't want to hear the kids fighting over who had to sleep on the pullout couch, etc. Beds were comfy and we were refreshed to resume our trip to Florida.

Everything was clean and the free breakfast was adequate - eggs, sausage, cereals, muffins, make your own waffles, etc. The free breakfast alone probably saves me $20 from having to stop at McDs or wherever.

It was super convenient right off of the expressway (I-24). I paid $76 for the night + tax, so the total was like $86 (times two for the two rooms I got, which were adjoining).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way to FL. I chose this hotel based on other TA reviews. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. The front desk clerk was not overly friendly. Our room smelled - of what I can't put my finger on - but not good. I found hair in the bed, no exhaust fan in the bathroom which makes it warm with 3 people showing and getting ready. Bed was comfortable and can't beat the location. I've stayed at nicer places for less, but this wasn't horrible.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I spent the night here after a long day of driving. The hotel is quite nice - my room was spacious, comfortable, and nicely appointed. The front desk personnel were pleasant, and the available hot breakfast was a nice touch. My only minor complaint is that I could hear voices and a hair dryer from the next room when I wasn't running the AC. One word of caution - there is a hotel nearby with a very similar name that isn't rated as highly on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Although we had a few minor problems the staff were quick to respond and to make things right. We spent two nights and would certainly return. We were given our room with no charge for one of the nights without our complaining or requesting it. The staff apologized for our inconveniences and insisted on comping one of our nights. Excellent management and staff.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be located away from interstate noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Stayed here on our first night's drive to Florida. We stayed based on the reviews from TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. Used a coupon from the Travel Rest Stop books so this was a real treat. The two hotel clerks were the most friendly I have ever met and they went way out of their way to help any guest that came in. The beds were very comfortable. The room clean and the breakfast pretty good, standard breakfast fare. The breakfast lady was also very accommodating to her guests.
This will definitey be our hotel to stay at on the way up and down to Florida every year.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2013

After many travels from Indiana to Florida we decided this was going to be a one way journey, so with my wife and I in a 26 foot U-Haul and my daughter and close friend in our car we headed south. We split the trip over 2 nights with Comfort Suites Manchester being our 1st stop. It was everything we hoped for. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. There was ample parking for the truck and the rooms large, comfortable, and clean. There were several eating establishments in the area and the Comfort Suite complimentary breakfast was great. Best of all, we were well rested for that long journey through Georgia.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Taylor V, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

TomLee519,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, again! We hope your journey went well. Be sure to stop in and stay with us the next time you come through Manchester.