“Pretty bad, but we've stayed in worse”
Review of Motel 6 Manchester

Motel 6 Manchester
Motel 6 Manchester
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 14 November 2007

After reading the reviews, I almost canceled our stay here. But in Manchester for TripRewards users, there is not much choice (actually there are no Choice Hotels). We prepared for the worst.
First, we passed up the motel because they did not have their sign turned on. When I checked in there was no one at the front desk, even after I rang the bell several times. I finally called the front desk on my cell phone and the staff member showed up. She was very friendly. She did seem a bit confused because the only information my reservation had was a name and date. Thankfully we were able to get a big enough room for a family of five and was able to redeem our points for it.
We were prepared for the worst but it was better than we expected. The king bed room was big enough for all of us. It was run down with mold. We didn't see any bugs but it was late October. Breakfast was limited to say the least. But we know that breakfast at these places are pretty much non-existent. There was no staff available at check-out.
If you have allergies, you won't want to stay here. My husband's and two kids' allergies went nuts.
We travel the country quite a bit with three young children so we're always looking for good deals and free stays. We don't expect much and we know what to expect. Believe it or not we stayed in worse places but this one was near the bottom. This stay just cements that we will try to avoid Super 8s from now on (expect for the one in Plainfield, IN which is awesome).

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2007

My wife's name for the place says it all. We're pretty easy to please. We traveled for two weeks from Florida to Colorado and back and this is the only place that I definitely would not recommend. Very unclean. The mold in the shower was so bad that we both felt bad the next morning. And my wife is usually not allergic to anything. From our experience and the other reviews, it sounds like they were flooded or have major water distribution problems there.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2007

We were exhausted when we checked into this filthy motel, and didn't check the room before going to sleep. We were awakened early the next morning by ants crawling in our beds. Pulling the shower curtain back revealed black mold along the ceiling above the tub. I have lung disease, and suffered an extreem coughing fit soon after entering the motel room and again that morning. Since I am also allergic to mold, it is pretty obvious what set me off. The lady at the desk refused to refund anything and said since we stayed all night it was our problem. I have pictures of the mold, but why bother posting them? Our letter to the corporate office received no response.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank atesmoke
Reviewed 31 July 2007

This hotel needs some major remolding. The bathroom had mold along the bath tub wall. The shower is too short so you have to duck down to get under it plus the water pressure is not good. The wall under the sink is moldy and watered spotted. Need lots of pillows to sleep on because they are so thin and flimsy. The pool & hot tub are are not working so why have them.
If it was not pouring down rain when we arrived, we would have gone some where else.

Very disappointed with this chain. Will never stay at any more Super 8's.

Very frequent Harley weekend traveler

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 July 2007

I thought the outside looked cleaner than the other low priced hotels but the inside was dreadful I should have looked at the room first. Carpet and pillows were sticky, the bathroom was dingy and the toilet seat was broken. The airconditioner was so loud we could barely hear the TV at full volume.
The breakfast was the worst I have ever encoutered, a paltry selection of cheap breadstuffs, the cereal container was nearly empty and I found a bug in the milk. This place should have been $20 cheaper. The only nice thing was that it had HBO and you could walk to some restaurants and stores.

A TripAdvisor Member
Brainerd, Minnesota - North Fort Myers, FL
Reviewed 29 January 2006

The shower and bathtub was terrible. The shower was low pressure and when you pulled the thing to turn on the shower the water kept coming from the water spout. When you finished your shower the bathtub was half full of water. The next morning we were expecting coffee and something to eat. Well NO coffee, the pots were empty and no one around. Note on desk leave the key here.

• Stayed: December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
kentucky
Reviewed 10 July 2005

this place is terrible...first room has the floor soaked with beer...so i ask to change...they move me...then an hour and a half later four policemen barge into the room holding flashlights and guns...yelling at me asking if i have a receipt...there was a shift change and the person who moved me did not tell the next worker....spiders in the bathroom....the worst...do yourself a favor and don;'t stay here...very rude staff

• Stayed: June 2005