“Don't waste your time...”
Review of Motel 6 Manchester

Motel 6 Manchester
Motel 6 Manchester
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My fiancé and I needed a place to sleep for a few hours while on out trip home from Florida. When we arrived to our first room we found the TV on, bed unmade, and McDonalds on the nightstand. Thinking either the room was still occupied by someone else we went back to the front desk and told the lady. She assigned us to another room and the same thing happened! We got a refund after that and went accross the street to the Scottish inn. So far so good over here.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed 1 October 2012

When our stay at the Scottish Inn across the street was a nightmare and overly pricey for how nasty that place is filled with live Cock Roaches we decided to stay our last two night in Manchester here. I was actually pleased with this place considering what we moved over here from. The room was nice and clean. Yea the shower was a little messed up but hey at least it got me clean when I took a shower. The staff was very friendly and also refunded us the money for the last night we were gonna stay. I would recommended this place of the Scottish Inn any day.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ChristinaFenlong
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We were forced into an extended stay in this place while waiting for the home we purchased to close. It seemed like the best of available options in our price range. During our time here we went back and forth with weird showers (would start warm and turn scalding hot very quickly, then STAY hot even after the hot water was turned off, actually resulted in one of the kids getting burned) and with very inconsistent wifi (the front desk clerk actually argued with us about the fact that although the signal was strong in the front office it for whatever reason disappeared completely by the time it got to our room). The beds are rock hard, cleanliness is iffy, and the first room we were given (room 115) had mold all over the mattresses. But the icing on the cake came tonight when we discovered someone had actually accessed our room while we were out, went through our stuff and stole the hard drive out of our kids' Xbox. Inquiries at the front desk were met with "well, did you lose your key?" and a reminder that if items are left in rooms the staff is not responsible for theft. Given that the Xbox was fully functional this morning it is obvious someone came into our room knowing we were soon to depart and stole from us, and, of course, the staff refuses to acknowledge it. If you're looking for an extended stay in Manchester, pass this dump by.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I think the room is under constrution some outlits are not covered,there is no fire alarm and the sink had grime in it. The workers were nice. The wifi is great just make sure u get the password from the office at check-in. The pool was closed at our time of vist. It was quite ever one stayed to them selfs. The parking was good it has room to park a trailer. The shell gas station has good food.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela C
Reviewed 14 July 2012

In a town where trucker style motel's are pretty much the only option, this place is on the top end of a bunch of shady dirty motels. Doesn't mean it's a nice hotel by any means, just means it's one of the better choices out of a lot of terrible options.

Pro's:
- Customer service. The guy at the front desk was very nice. He knows what he's working with there, and tries to make the best of it for everyone.
- Location. Right next to Walmart, across the street from O'Charley's (a great pub), and walking distance to a few other restaurants.
- Clean. When staying in motels like these, all you can really ask is that it's clean. Sure everything is old and out dated and worn out, but it's clean. And there were no signs of any bugs.
- Housekeeping lady was really nice and respectful; also did a good job tidying up.

Con's:
- Air conditioner doesn't stay on, which doesn't help in the Tennessee heat.
- Bed was very uncomfortable.
- Pillows are terrible; but Walmart sells them for cheap.
- Sink has exposed water pipes that leak all over the floor directly below the sink.
- The "Free Wifi" only works if you sit right next to the window, and even then it's very weak.

If you're staying on vacation, you will not like this hotel. (Not sure if Manchester is a big vacation destination). If you just need a place to catch some sleep, this place will work in comparison to the other available motels.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank baseballguy83
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I guess Super 8 was embarrassed to keep this property, because it's now a Motel 6. They advertised it as a new, cutting edge property on their website. All they did was slop some paint over the filth and stick a Motel 6 sign out front. I was over charged for my room and I didn't get the room I reserved even after being moved to another room. The bathroom was nasty with something (feces, vomit?) splatted on the wall around the toilet. The carpet turned my white socks black. There was a huge crack under the old rickety door and bugs were coming in. The wifi never worked. The bed felt more like box springs and made me itch. Just about the time I was ready to sleep, a fight broke out amongst the drunken loiterers at my front door. Somebody banged my door and slung beer everywhere. Fearing for my safety, I made a dash for my car and left. The town of Manchester needs to declare this place a public nuisance and the health department needs to condem it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank hawkeyes2
Reviewed 12 January 2009

My husband and I were driving to the east coast and stopped here as it was on our path. All of the other hotels were already filled for the night in the town of Manchester, TN. It was very late and we did not think we could go wrong with a Super 8. But we did. This one was owned privately. Upon entering the room it looked okay at first, just very dated. After undressing and getting ready for a shower, after walking in the bathroom I was disgusted to see that the bathroom had not even been cleaned. The walls around the toilet were covered with diareaha spray! It was so obvious, not sure how their cleaning staff could have missed it. The bath tub was also dirty. Avoid this place at all costs! Drive to the next town if this is your last resort. Totally dirty and disgusting!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family