“If I could make Pizza, I would want it to be THIS good”

J and G Pizza and Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Pizza, Steakhouse
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Beyond the usual frozen dough and aged ingredients lies this gem tucked away in sleepy little Manchester.
This was the best pizza I have ever enjoyed in a restaurant!
The quality AND quantity of fresh toppings were an awesome combination that puts this place near the top of my southern favorites.

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

We are traveling and stopped at this local restaurant. The decor is medieval 70's but fun. The service was outstanding and the waitress made great suggestions. There was a large salad bar that could have easily been a meal by itself. I had the meatball sandwich which was homemade. All of our meals were great.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

To start im a local and have only ever eaten here 3 times in my entire life, for a reason, its just not good. Its always crowded with die hard regulars and i cant understand why. The pizza is just bad pizza. The crust is like cardboard and the sauce and toppings are just about flavorless. 2 of my 3 visits over a 20 year period were regrettably pizza. Another insult to injury is if you want salad with pizza its an extra $8, but only like $3 with any other meal. That's just ridiculous. My only other meal here was a grilled chicken dish which was exactly just that. A plain unseasoned breast grilled to death to the point that it was completely devoid of any type of moisture or flavor. This is in my opinion the last place i would ever pick in town to eat.

1  Thank wideglidesmb
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I eat here a LOT!!! They have a great cheese steak and Ribeye. I LOVE their pizza also. Its different from the pizza you get at other places but we (my whole family) love it. You can't go wrong here. I've tried their lasagna and it was good also. Prices are affordable and service great.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Went here with my son and a good friend I haven't seen in quite awhile. I don't know how it happens but I seem to be one of those people that gets the person in training. I try to be very friendly with the waitstaff while making them smile or laugh. This girl was not having it. She didn't smile once at our table. The waitress training her was awesome, smiled, told us about the soup and the salad bar.

We ordered the "Red Hot Pig" pizza and it was good but very, very greasy. And for a homemade pizza dough, I was a little disappointed as it tasted like a cracker. My son and I ordered the salad bar and it was a nice selection, but I forgot it was $6.75 each!!!! That is because we ordered pizza, but if we ordered an entree, it would be only $3 something. Which is pretty sad because it should be $3 something with anything you order but if you order it alone it should be $6.75.

Needless to say our bill was $64!!!! That is a little much for what we got! Not sure I will go back.

1  Thank QueenJoleneM