“Stayed and came back on the way home”

Ambassador Inn & Luxury Suites
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Hubby and I had to go to St Louis and stayed at this hotel on the way. It was the cleanest hotel I have seen in a very long time!!!!! I am very picky, a clean nut so hubby was so happy that this was the one to stop for the night. It was quiet and we got a wonderful night's rest. It doesn't look like much on the outside but the rooms are updated (as best as you can for under $75 a night). No bugs, no bug bites, clean sheets and blankets.

On the way back home, we stopped back and stayed again. we got a different room but it was just as clean and updated.

Thanks to this friendly staff. I left a tip for the maids both times.

I would recommend staying here to anyone. 5 stars!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The worst hotel in whole country. I would never thought I would give such a low rate to the hotel. We stayed at this hotel just for a night and were afraid to take our clothes off. Dirty, yellow , ripped sheets, room was dirty and disgusting overall. Didn't take even a shower because of unsanitary, couldn't wait till
night is over to get in the car and hit the road. Bad, bad experience. Sorry, but potential customers should know.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Emma S
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times, the first two were fine, the last one traveling with a dog was not great because of the dirty room. Traveling alone this time and familiar with the hotel I decided to try it one more time. It's a great stopping place for a trip from Florida to Minnesota. This time was better, the room cleaner than the last time and the price was definitely right for a one night stay. They offer breakfast and have an attendant there ready to help serve you. Breakfast at these places is boring though but if you don't want to go to a restaurant it will do. I would stay again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was so disappointed in this hotel! Based on reviews, I expected a clean, inexpensive motel for my one-night stay. When we went into our room, we found six toenail clippings on the rug! There was quite a bit of dust under the bed and dresser and the curtains were also dirty.The pillows were flat, and the fitted bed sheet was worn out and kept popping off the corner of the mattress. The air conditioner was extremely noisy and kept me up all night. The front desk staff when we checked in were unfriendly (although the morning person was nicer). The breakfast area was very small, and there was one elderly woman running around trying to clear tables, make waffles, and restock the shelves all by herself. When I asked for one of the waffles we were told could be ordered, I was told there were nine people ahead of me. I absolutely would not ever stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The room was very clean and the bed was awesome. A random bit of truck noise could be heard throughout the night, even though we had a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the freeway, because there is a service road running around the property. The biggest problem is the lady that runs the breakfast room in the morning. She has to pour your juice or water, make you a waffle if you want one and remarks about the devil if you happen to take the last of any item off of the buffet. If you want a quiet breakfast at 6 A.M., you're out of luck because she will appear at your table offering you things and asking you where you are working. Very intrusive. I would consider this property again if I were in a pinch but I would stay clear of that breakfast room unless I was in a very social mood.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed just one night at the Ambassador Inn and found it to be a good value. The room was nice sized but it still had a CRT type TV. There was a refrigerator too but no MW. It is conveniently located right off I-24 at Exit 110. Breakfast included sausage patties, waffles, boiled eggs, plus the usual assortment of cereals, rolls, breads, etc. The lady stocking the breakfast bar was very attentive and helpful. All in all, we would stay at the Ambassador Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Advertised as continental breakfast but much more than biscuits and juices. There was actually a lady who would help you with anything you were looking for.
200 character requirement here is a nuisance