“Perfect stay”
Review of Caledonian Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Augustus
Caledonian Hotel
Ranked #7 of 27 Fort Augustus B&B and Inns
London
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I spent five days at the Caledonian on holiday with my sister, and it couldn’t have been better. The hotel has a lovely feel to it with a nice open reception area and a cosy, friendly feeling bar. Everything was very clean and both the breakfasts and the evening meals were delicious. Chris was the perfect host, making sure we had everything we needed and giving us advice about things to do during our stay. We will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Connel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Just stay here! Five of us spent a night here (five separate rooms) and we all voted it perfect.
It knocks the Premier Inn, Holiday Inn etc into a cocked hat.
Brilliant breakfast. Nice people. Extra comfy - what more do you want?

Room Tip: All five rooms which our party booked were excellent.
Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed here with a group in five single rooms and every one of us left with intentions to return with our partners. The hotel is a very traditional Scottish one, but in a good way, not in the common falling to bits way. The staff are so friendly, the rooms are comfortable, the bathrooms are lovely, its all clean and the breakfast is wonderful. I have stayed in more expensive hotels in Fort Augustus in the past, but will never go past this little gem when I return.

I would like to say a big thank you to all at the hotel for a lovely stay.

Forres, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I 'never' write reviews but the quality of my two night stay at the Caledonian Hotel was so high that I am making an exception! The Hotel was extremely clean, comfortable, with a warm friendly atmosphere. Breakfast and dinner were excellent. Chris is a great host - I felt very welcomed and comfortable at all times, yet in an unobtrusive way. All the staff were very attentive to make everything run very smoothly. I was on a business trip but felt as though I had been on holiday! Live music in the bar one night helped to create a great atmosphere. I couldn't recommend the Caledonian highly enough.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

This hotel lived up to its recommendation by the Scottish Tourist Board through whom we made our reservation. Easy to find, (just off the A82), warm, welcoming and clean throughout and a real family and friendly atmosphere. We dined out and only took breakfast in the hotel but it was very good, high quality of service and the hotel more than met our expectations for an overnight stop. We would certainly return if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed only one night at Hotel Caledonia and wished we could have stayed longer. We were on a tour and time was limited. The hotel was wonderful. The manager, Chris, was engaging. Our fellow patrons,especially at the bar, were delightful. The entire experience at the hotel was one of my favorite on my trip to Scotland.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Norh Tyneside
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed one night at the Caledonian before heading home from our holiday. We wished we'd discovered it sooner and been able to stay longer.

The welcome and the service was fantastic, the best we have experienced at any hotel anywhere, ever.

I am not at all surprised to see the many well-deserved comments and compliments here. I would not hesitate to recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Invermoriston
Morag's Lodge
Morag's Lodge
#1 of 10 in Fort Augustus

Been to Caledonian Hotel? Share your experiences!