All reviews haggis adventures pub quiz self catering kitchen quiz night bunk beds stayed here private room adventure tour ordered dinner chicken with haggis loch ness ensuite bathroom laundry service common areas two nights boiled eggs breakfast and dinner
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Only stayed one night. Rooms clean, bathrooms good. Breakfast basic but cheap. Annoying older man that wouldn’t shut up in the public areas (trying to chat up the younger girls ) . Made it unpleasant to be outside our room.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018

I have stayed with my girlfriend for 1 night in a private room which was extremely comfortable. Free parking in the front a nice small in the living bar. Reception staff was really nice and ready to answer to any question I had. I'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
carrie d, Front Office Manager at Morag's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank for for your brilliant review!!! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. We hope that you had a good onward journey.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Great hostel, thumbs up! I stayed there for two nights to avoid a bad weather period during my hike (Great Glen Way) and I enjoyed my time at the hostel. Especially the staff, who did everything in their power to enhance my stay, left a very positive impression. I'd also recommend the breakfast, it's quite cheap and they have a nice range of (local) products. Unfortunately, I had a terrible snorer in my dorm room in my second night but naturally, this was not their fault, they apologized and said if they weren't fully booked they'd put me in another room for the night (which was super nice even though it didn't help for the night).

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
carried1060, Front Office Manager at Morag's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for your very kind review. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we could provide a break from the abysmal weather. Our staff will be thrilled to read this review. We hope that you had a good onward journey and enjoyed the rest of your walk.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I stayed here during my Highland Fling tour with Haggis Adventures, and it was great! So nice to have a full bathroom with shower in the room I was staying in with my friends. The beds were clean, the light and USB charger above each bed was very convenient, the breakfast and dinner were really good!! It is also in a nice location where you can easily take a walk down to Loch Ness, and also to the area of town with shops and restaurants. I would definitely recommend them! :)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean, functional rooms, very good power shower. Generally decent facilities. Bike storage facilities could be better. A bit noisy (some inside and some from the public car park close by). £24 for a spot in a dorm is too much though. another £4 for breakfast if you took it so not far off b&b prices.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Claire C, Manager at Morag's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank-you for your review, we are happy to hear you found our hostel clean and friendly, and that you enjoyed our amazing showers. We are very disappointed that you did not find us good value as our prices reflect the standard of facilities and services on offer as well as the the current market. A local B&B is around £80 for a twin/double room and most of them are of excellent standard, but do not offer the range of facilites and services (bar, meals, self-catering kitchen, lounge, activity booking service, laundry service, banter with our friendly team (priceless), etc.) that we do. We hope you had a great onward trip :0)