“Amazing place and staff. Will be back very soon!”

The Lovat, Loch Ness
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fort Augustus
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We only stayed one night at the lovat but we shall certainly be goin back soon. All the staff were so friendly and helpful we couldn't have asked for more. We stayed in a deluxe room which was perfect. Lovely and clean and some nice wee touches in the room. We ate in the brasserie and our meal was simply perfect. Well worth the prices. Honestly can't recommend this hotel enough. And our bag of cookies given to us on check out was a very cute touch. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for The Lovat, Loch Ness

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Day three of the Great Glen Way brought us to Fort Augustus and The Lovat.
Everything, from the welcome when we arrived to the settlement of our bill told us that this was the right place to stay.
They even tailored the set evening meal to my dietary requirements. (I have Diabetes).
Would we stay here again. Absolutely yes. Would we reccomend the Lovat to a friend? Without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Glaswegian60
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

After a days walking around Glen Nevis, it was a delight to arrive at the Lovat. I collapsed on one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on in any hotel. The room was well appointed and everything you could want was at hand. The breakfast was superb and kept us going all day. It is worth stopping at Fort Augustus just to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank ford2951
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Ate a late dinner here tonight. It was fantastic. We arrived at almost 9pm but they were still serving. Had our 2 year old niece with us who was hungry, tired and had had enough after a long journey.

Staff quickly got her some juice and a box of goodies to keep her entertained. We ordered from the brasserie menu, starters and main- all delicious. Husband was particularly impressed with the smoked salmon starter and I loved the venison burger. Kids menu had plenty of choice (although the addition of pizza would be welcomed by my niece!)

It was a little bit pricey for bar food when i first read menu but the food was excellent and the service was also so happy to pay in the end.

I hope to return for an overnight stay at some point as the rest of the hotel looked excellent. An after dinner drink by the fire would have been a lovely end to the meal but our little niece was needing her bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lou H
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Exceptional service at this grand hotel. The staff are attentive & extremely polite. Great quality of food and the whiskey menu is superb! You will not be disappointed! Location is extremely convenient for Loch Ness and for travelling on or up into the highlands. See you again next time I'm in Scotland!

Room Tip: I was in room 25, spacious and clean, excellent bathroom! I'm 6' and easily sunk into the d...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan01031978186338
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We decided to go away for a last minute relaxing and romantic weekend, with our 7 month old puppy. We had never stayed at a dog friendly hotel before so slightly concerned about whether it would still deliver on quality accommodation - we shouldn't have been, room was clean and no dog odours at all, they even gave us feeding bowls and a treat for our dog.
The hotel staff were attentive throughout, a credit to Caroline the owner who obviously leads by example.
We decided to eat in the Restaurant on the first night, but after sampling the amazing food we asked if we could swap our second night from the Brassiere to the restaurant. The food is amazing, a twist on the normal mundane hotel food.

Will definitely be back…

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

I found The Lovat to be very clean & very comfortable. All the staff were very friendly & helpful. The restaurant is a little expensive & the food maybe a little fancy for plain eaters, but we ate here one night, I had the pork, it was over cooked & dry, the crackling was more chewy than crackling, but this is really the only complaint I have. Comfy beds, massive bathrooms with great showers. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
CeeGee1, Owner at The Lovat, Loch Ness, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor, it is greatly appreciated.

Pork – how disappointing to read this about your meal – can I ask if it was a Sunday Roast? If so, I understand your comment because the one I sampled the other night was not one of our best. I can only apologise and wish you had mentioned it to a staff member on the night so we could have rectified the situation then and there because I hate for guests to be disappointed.

Menu – the Brasserie is certainly more up-market then ‘pub-grub’ but it is food we are proud of because it offers something different. We have however, diversified slightly with a new range of more ‘basic’ options on the menu, like haggis, neeps & tatties as well as a venison burger with burger buns made fresh each morning.

I can see from your comments and your star rating that the meal issue didn’t affect your overall impression of the hotel so I am so pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your experience and will return!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Augustus
#1 of 1 in Invermoriston
Inverlochy Castle Hotel
Inverlochy Castle Hotel
#2 of 21 in Fort William

Been to The Lovat, Loch Ness? Share your experiences!