After a soggy drive from Edinburgh, we arrived after dark at the Lovat. We were met by a very welcoming staff and an even more welcoming roaring fire in their comfortable sitting room. The bedrooms are not what I would call plush, but certainly perfectly well outfitted with comfortable beds and good linens. The bathrooms are wonderful by any standards (including a tv you can watch while soaking in the tub!). What the restaurant lacks in ambiance it makes up for with the food - a wonderful menu with choices varying from local dishes to comfort food. There's a nifty little bar for a "wee dram" which you can take into the sitting room to cozy up by the fire after a long day on Loch Ness. I would highly recommend the Lovat for your trip to Loch Ness - it won't disappoint!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian property that delicately balances tradition & contemporary. The dedicated team has a drive & passion to deliver an outstanding visitor experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Lovat, Loch Ness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Hotel Fort Augustus
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Fort Augustus