We booked this hotel for our wedding anniversary weekend and was wanting something a little bit special for the occasion. I paid £60 to upgrade the room but I have to say if our room was an upgrade I wouldn't have liked to have seen the normal rooms. Luckily we bought a deal from KGB so the overall price inc dinner on one night was only £189. I think I would have refused to pay if it had of been full price.
I love traditional decor but our room was shabby. Wallpaper was peeling back in places and it looked grubby. The shower was useless so we could only use the bath in the room and the four poster bed creaked like crazy!!!! Not good on a romantic weekend away! On the first night we had the sound of numerous children running around above us for at least half an hour and on the second night the hotel lost all power at 11pm for the evening so we were left using our phones as lighting with nothing else to do. Granted the power loss wasn't the hotels fault but it wasn't even mentioned when we left.
The meal was mainly good... I had twice baked cheese soufflé to start which was delicious, as was the sticky toffee pudding. The steak however was not below par taking into consideration the price (around the £18 mark) If this hadn't have been included in our stay I would have sent it back. We were the only people eating in the restaurant so it lacked atmosphere therefore we made the decision to eat elsewhere on the 2nd night.
The journey to fort Augustus is around 25-30 mins and the road isn't the best in places. If you are visiting the area to visit Loch Ness I would recommend staying in Fort Augustus as Craigdarroch is too far out of the way and doesn't really make up for that with what it has to offer. If we hadn't have had a lovely day out at lochness and a stunning meal at the Lovat the trip would have been a complete waste of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful, traditional Highland lodge in a rural location overlooking Loch Ness. Friendly local inn serving real ales and food every day. Log fires and comfortable en suite rooms, some with loch view. Open all year. 15 miles from Inverness on the eastern shore of Loch Ness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Craigdarroch Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craigdarroch Hotel Foyers
- The Craigdarroch Inn Foyers, Loch Ness