We just returned from a vacation in Scotland and Ireland. I can tell you that we found Craigdarroch House to be our favorite in Scotland. It is a quiet location with an outstanding view of Loch Ness. When making reservations, be sure to pay the extra for the Loch side, it is well worth it. We used it as a base for traveling around the Highlands. The bedrooms are quite large, with king size beds and pillow top mattresses. For those of you who are from the USA, this is not common in Scotland or Ireland. The food was good, pretty much pub fare and it was a great place to meet locals. We found the owners and staff to be friendly, courteous and helpful. I have read some reviews as to the road. We did not find this to be a problem. The road to the hotel is gravel and a little steep, but it made for a great adventure and story. If you have a GPS, just plug in Foyers, Scotland and as long as you get to the Village of Foyers, you will find Cragdarroch House. We traveled with another couple and we all agreed we would return without question. To Mike, Elinor, Heather and "Grandfather" , thank you for a wonderful experience!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful, traditional Highland lodge in a rural location overlooking Loch Ness. Friendly local inn serving real ales and food every day. Log fires and comfortable en suite rooms, some with loch view. Open all year. 15 miles from Inverness on the eastern shore of Loch Ness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Craigdarroch Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craigdarroch Hotel Foyers
- The Craigdarroch Inn Foyers, Loch Ness