“Rude owner”

Foyers Bay Country House
Ranked #3 of 5 Foyers B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Two yachtsmen given short shrift when seeking a bite to eat and a pint, after climbing the 350m from the Lochside, during the recent May heatwave.

Poor show from an unimaginative, rude owner.

Craigdarroch Hotel was great and I'm sure they appreciate the referrals from FBH!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Mark B
There are newer reviews for Foyers Bay Country House

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I was really looking forward to staying here, but unfortunately as soon as we arrived we were met by the most unfriendly rude owners/managers I have ever met.
God forbid you are cold and ask how to turn on your radiator, as your will be met with this response, we don't turn our radiators on until winter for any of our guests, I was left stunned, and did try to ask for extra blankets as ours were paper thin, to which they shrugged and said we will see what we have...they followed this up with, actually I can see we will not be able to make you happy, so I think you should leave. My mouth literally hit the floor..I had never been treated so badly and it ruined my whole holiday, it being late I refused to leave, but could not wait to go the next day.

Do not stay here unless you want to be treated badly, threatened with eviction if you dare to ask for a blanket because you are cold, or want to be terrified at night by the scary clowns and dolls with no faces that are lined all the way up the stairs to your room!

• Stayed: September 2011
21  Thank Minxy555
Reviewed 10 January 2012

my wife and i spent a very peacefull and relaxing 4 nights over the xmas period.we were the only guests and david and kate were wonderful hosts.the view from our spacious and very comfortable room were excellent and the cosiness of the log fire in the residents lounge was very welcoming.the menu had a very good variety of food and wine and a pint of bellringer was looked forward to by me to start the evening off especially after a long and bracing walk.david is a very good chef and obviously prides himself on the presentation of his fare.christmas day dinner was amazing and kates christmas pudding was possibly the best i have ever had(and i dont usually like xmas pud!).we were treated more like one of the family than guests,nothing was too much trouble .if you want a get away from it all xmas or break from the world this is the place! wonderful views stunning walks and a lack of human beings,BliSS! WE WILL CERTAINLY RETURN!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 2, lovely views of nessy!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Lovely house high up over Loch Ness. Its run by a very friendly couple who looked after me very well. He is a great cook! Afer I've booked, I received a very useful e-mail with tips about the place, which I was very glad to receive

My sat nav took me there with no problem - it is out of the way and the route is via lots of quiet winding roads so I might not like going there in the winter. However, as i went at the end of Summer, it was a lovely trip. I'll definitely visit again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We arrived on Sept. 29th 2011 and stayed for 4 nights. Kate and David are all you can ask for as host's. The view of the Loch is wonderful. The breakfast and the dinners are fantastic. David is a great cook! One of our favorite parts of the stay was just sitting by the fire at night with Kate and David and the other quests and having a drink and talking. Lots of fun.

Nice clean and quiet rooms. Good internet connection. All you can ask for.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ed P
Reviewed 1 September 2011

From the moment we arrived we were made very welcome, Kate and David went out of their way to be helpful. The room had a lovely view of the Loch. We had the evening meal option and the food was superb, plenty of choice and very well cooked. The wine list was also very good although we did drink them dry of Rose wine. Breakfast was alos very well presented with plenty of choice. The location is very good with plenty of good walks all around plus the Foyers Falls on the doorstep.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2011

If you're looking for a little seclusion and natural beauty, Foyers is a wonderful place to stay. There are actually 2 B&Bs named Foyers, so we were a little lost upon arrival. Kate and David were very welcoming and accomodating. The room was quaint and clean and the house was older, well kept, and very charming. We had a great walk at night. There are trails leading to waterfalls right on the property and it was still light at 10 pm. We returned and spent some time by the fire in the living room with our hosts and their dogs. Breakfast was cooked by David's daughter and was traditional English, and delicious. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foyers
The Lovat, Loch Ness
#1 of 2 in Invergarry
The Craigdarroch Inn
The Craigdarroch Inn
#1 of 5 in Foyers

Been to Foyers Bay Country House? Share your experiences!