“Perfect”
Review of Bracarina House

Bracarina House
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We had a great time with Sheila and her bananabread. Absolutely wonderfull place to stay. A very warm welcome. We would stay there a second time if we're in the neighbourhood again. Perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marjon K
There are newer reviews for Bracarina House

Reviewed 27 September 2012

While my room was not quite ready when I arrived, the owner was very gracious and allowed me to keep my pack there while I sought out a picnic spot. Once in my room, I relaxed in a warm and comforting setting leaving only to have dinner at the very close by Invermoriston Hotel. Breakfast the next morning was around one large table which allowed fellow hikers (Great Glen Way) to compare stories and tips before we set off again. A solid stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank timjstark
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We arrived a bit early and wet but did not get the warm reception we expected ! Plus the owner Sheilagh was having a row with a neighbour over a barking dog. Breakfast was OK and cothes dried when we were eventually allowed in - not the friendly scottish welcome we expected.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cidercarrier
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Lovely B&B which offered a fantastic welcome. Clean and functional. The only thing I missed was a TV in my room, although there is a guest lounge.

There is a limited number of restaurants and pubs to get a meal in the evening (and they stop serving food early!) but I can recommend The Boathouse at Fort Augustus. Lovely food in a fab lochside location.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

It was such a treat to turn up after a day of walking and have a cup of tea and a wonderful piece of Sheila's homemade cake - afterwards the room was restful and the foot bath was such a great addition to soak the tired feet. Breakfast was wonderful - set up for the coming day - Sheila had lots of information about the area and the place to get something for the road ahead - would highly recommend to anyone traveling in the area to stop for the night and have a great rest.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank oldbears
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Our room was spacious and we also had a good sized shower room. Bonus to have a guest sitting room with wifi so that can enjoy a cup of tea (and Sheila's delicious cake) on a proper seat rather than perched on the edge of a bed! Invermoriston Arms next door provides excellent food and drink at reasonable prices. There is also a small shop across the road. Breakfast was excellent. Sheila was very friendly and we very much enjoyed our stay with her.

1  Thank AnneinInverurie
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Bracarina House on the Great Glen Way. The welcome was second to none with a large slice of Sheila's homemade Banana cake. We were given a room with a bath which was more than welcomed by aching bodies! The breakfast was delicious, the accommodation clean, and comfortable and the views wonderful. I can't recommend this B & B highly enough. Thank you Sheila.
Sue I

1  Thank Sueii
Also consider these accommodations in or near Invermoriston
The Lovat, Loch Ness
#1 of 8 in Invermoriston
Tigh Na Bruach
Tigh Na Bruach
#3 of 8 in Invermoriston

Been to Bracarina House? Share your experiences!