Bracarina House
  • Restaurant
Inch Hotel(Fort Augustus)
US$214
US$208
The Lovat, Loch Ness(Fort Augustus)
US$205
TripAdvisor
Glenurquhart House Hotel(Balnain)(Great Value!)
US$132
  • Restaurant
Loch Ness Lodge Hotel(Drumnadrochit)
US$151
US$195
Invergarry Hotel(Invergarry)
US$266
US$194
All reviewsfoot spadrying roomwalking the great glenhomemade sconescakewarm welcometake awaybreakfast was excellentplastic baglong walkcomfy bednext morningvillage hotelwet walkingquiet locationhome bakinglovely owners
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Good welcome when we arrived,the room was very clean and comfortable although we had a bit of a problem with the shower which was fixed by the owner. Great situation for the only place in the village to eat which was right next door. As a veggie I was offered ' beans on toast ' for breakfast. but did get a good selection of cereal, fresh fruit and hot food, more than adequate.
If you want a sauna be aware that it takes 50minutes to heat up and owner should be phoned in advance if you want one on arrival. In all good stay

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank elizabeth d
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We had a great time with Sheila and her bananabread. Absolutely wonderfull place to stay. A very warm welcome. We would stay there a second time if we're in the neighbourhood again. Perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marjon K
Reviewed 27 September 2012

While my room was not quite ready when I arrived, the owner was very gracious and allowed me to keep my pack there while I sought out a picnic spot. Once in my room, I relaxed in a warm and comforting setting leaving only to have dinner at the very close by Invermoriston Hotel. Breakfast the next morning was around one large table which allowed fellow hikers (Great Glen Way) to compare stories and tips before we set off again. A solid stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank timjstark
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We arrived a bit early and wet but did not get the warm reception we expected ! Plus the owner Sheilagh was having a row with a neighbour over a barking dog. Breakfast was OK and cothes dried when we were eventually allowed in - not the friendly scottish welcome we expected.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cidercarrier
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Lovely B&B which offered a fantastic welcome. Clean and functional. The only thing I missed was a TV in my room, although there is a guest lounge.

There is a limited number of restaurants and pubs to get a meal in the evening (and they stop serving food early!) but I can recommend The Boathouse at Fort Augustus. Lovely food in a fab lochside location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple