Loch Ness Highland Lodges
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Invermoriston
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Inch Hotel(Fort Augustus)
Whitebridge Hotel(Whitebridge)
Great 4.5/5
The Lovat, Loch Ness(Fort Augustus)
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
Loch Ness Lodge Hotel(Drumnadrochit)
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
Drumnadrochit Hotel(Drumnadrochit)
Good 3.5/5
Invergarry Hotel(Invergarry)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewshot tubfort augustusstunning viewsholiday parkluxury lodgeloch nessplay parkfantastic holidaynight breakholiday homegreat weatherwashing up liquidhighland lodgesclear nighton arrivalout of seasoncentral heating
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I would like to be telling you that I had a great stay at Loch ness Holiday park but unfortunately I have not had this experience.

Just over a week ago I was browsing the internet looking for a short break for the 11th-14th October, when I stumbled upon the Loch Ness Holiday Park. To my delight I found that they had a Luxury lodge available for my dates requested and at the fantastic price of £225.

I continued my internet search and revisited loch ness Holiday parks website on several occasions over the next 12 hours but the price, availabilty and specification did not change so I decided I would book one of these luxury lodges, with deck and hot tub in a stunning location.

Shortly after booking I informed my wife who then booked the Friday and Monday off work. See I thought this would be a nice treat for her as she is currently 6 months pregnant.

I began telling friends and family of the fantastic lodge and the great prices and advising them to visit the website to book a short break. So myself and my wife were really looking forward to our short break away with our dog ( as the lodge stated it was pet friendly). The confirmation email came through stating I had booked and paid for a luxury lodge and confirmed the dates were the 11th-14th October and the full price of £225 had been paid. All good I was thinking but no.

Several days later I received an email from the owners stating that there had been some mistake with THEIR website which had resulted in me being offered the luxury lodge for "much" less than the normal price and that infact the lodges were all booked up for October but I could settle for a luxury static as this is what i SHOULD have been offered.

I advised the owners how much we had been looking forward to this and how dissapointed we were. I also pointed out the fact that regardless of the usual price for the lodge the price offered to me was paid in full and this was not my problem. I asked that my contract with them be honoured on an alternative date at the price I paid. However they refused to honour this agreement and simply refunded my money.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you go to any shop and a product is advertised at a price, correct or not, that is the price you pay and you get the goods. The shop does not turn round and offer you the shops own brand because it is nearer to the price you paid. No the shop takes responsibility for their mistake and honours the agreement.

Oh and just to add to it the lodges are not pet friendly!

Extremely dissapointed and will certainly not visit or recommend this place to anyone else.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris R
Sam O, Marketing at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Chris, I'm so sorry to hear of your experience with us. I've just come on board, dealing with our Trip Advisor management for the Park, and I shall look into this for you and see what I can do (though I'm aware the event has been in gone). Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Facilities were closed despite it being peak season and the touring area just looked like a large car park. My two children (aged 11 and 14) muttered 'this is horrible'. The bar and pool room were closed despite being advertised online. We had a fight to get a refund to go somewhere else as they had asked for payment upfront and were told by the couple that we were bad parents because who would want to just sit in a pub all day with kids. That was not our intention, but had thought we could perhaps eat out or the kids could get a game of pool. Rude, inhospitable staff and a barren wasteland. Do yourself a favour and don't bother.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lessneddon
Sam O, Marketing at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

I am so sorry that you had such an awful experience of the Park. The facilities mentioned on the website when you booked have since been removed, as the bar, restaurant and pool room were very evidently not operational this summer due to ongoing staffing issues. This removal of information from the website should have been done earlier than it was, and for this we are very, very sorry.
We are purposefully refurbishing the park completely this winter based on various feedback, and hope to have all facilities well staffed and fully operation by March 2014. I appreciate that this does not make your experience any better, but please know we took your feedback very seriously and are actioning improvements based on it. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what needs improving.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hobbit houses were lovely, we stayed in one for a night and couldn't believe how close to the loch we were for such a low price. You need to bring a lot of blankets to truly maximise the cute cosiness these little wine barrels provide - but it was very romantic. Shame the bar was closed but we went after the season ended and there was a footpath the whole short way to the nearest pub! Dawn over the loch viewed through our window was gorgeous & even if hubby did bang his head on the door a couple of times it was his tall fault!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs C
Sam O, Marketing at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thanks so much for your review, we're really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You make a very good point about the hobbits being cosy and a little wee for those over 6ft guests - but the views are to die for.
The hobbits are our one step up from camping, glamping alternative, so they are our basic accommodation option, so we try and keep the price low - but we do advise bringing your own blankets, cups and home comforts to make the place your own during your stay!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed one night with our children in a motorhome we had hired in Perth. We had been travelling up the east highlands coast right up to John O'Groats and back down the west highlands. The details of the loch ness holiday park looked and sounded brilliant, but on arrival we were so disappointed. The on site restaurant was closed. The toilets and showers were really smelly. I showered one of the children and then the water became freezing cold. Nobody else was in the shower block, so I couldn't understand the lack of hot water. Chemical waste disposal was a smelly old toilet that you emptied the waste down, my husband was nearly sick! Urgh. The park itself advertises a picture of a small pebbled loch side beach, but in reality this was about 2ft x 2ft! I didnt feel safe letting the children play outside the motorhome as there was no safety fence or hedge at the edge of the loch, apart from a few straggly thin shrubs! The play area was ok apart from that as it was in the middle of the road it had a fence around it , but the end of the slide butted up to the fence panel and therefore When a child Came down the slide it crashed into the fence!!! Around the site were Several old statics lying around Which felt you were on holiday with the Clampetts. Certainly will not be booking here again in a hurry!! Only positive side Was that Urqhart castle Was so close by and that is an excellent day out .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I am really sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience at the park. Unfortunately the park this summer was left in the hands of the wardens for periods of time and the owners returned to find that conditions had been left to deteriorate drastically in their absence.
New wardens have been employed and fully trained up, and a full refurbishment with improved shower and toilet blocks are being installed over the winter period. The children's park, along with other aspects of the park, such as the new and improved static caravans are all being relocated within the parks perimeters too.
Hopefully these changes should mean that other holiday makers will not experience the unfortunate situation and conditions which you and your family did, and we are very sorry that you had such a horrid time of your stay with us.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed for two nights at the beginning of August with our friends staying in the adjacent hobbit. This was the second time we had stayed and our friends joined us on our recommendation and were not disappointed. I had booked the two hobbits and asked for adjacent hobbits and expected that our hobbits would also share the picnic table inbetween unfortunately this wasn't the case however I should probably have specified this when I booked. We still had plenty of room to enjoy our BBQ and a few refreshments in the evening!
Our hobbit was clean and tidy on arrival and all the equipment was in good working order (some of it too good as the fridge started to freeze things!) The toilets/shower/ and dishwashing areas were clean and well maintained.
We had fantastic weather whilst there and made the most of it enjoying some walks in the local area. The views from the site are amazing and we saw a fantastic sunset however there is quite a lot of overgrown shrubbery/trees in front of some of the hobbits blocking the view which could benefit from being cut back.
The onsite bar was closed during our visit as it was the year before this wasn't an issue for us as we had brought plenty of food/drink to sustain ourselves however it would have been nice to visit it. The website states that it is open and others might get a surprise if they aren't as organised as we were.
This is a lovely little site and we will definitely return as will our friends our issues are minor ones and I would not hesitate in recommending to anyone who wants a true glamping experience.

Room Tip: Be sure to add any specific requests when booking online
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Nicholla, thank you so much for your review. We recognise that the lounge bar being advertised on the website was a mistake which was not rectified early enough, as this remained closed throughout the season due to staffing issues.
These facilities are being upgraded during the winter and will be staffed next year from March onwards. We'll also have a look at cutting back the trees and undergrowth before Spring sets in for you too.