“Waste of time !!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Invermoriston
Loch Ness Highland Lodges
“Waste of time !!!!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We have just came home from spending three days at this site the views were amazing but the place was empty the bar /lounge was not opened at any time we were the only ones there apart from the odd tourer when we booked it was advertised for a luxury lodge which we paid for up front only to be e- mailed a couple of days later to say it was a mistake on their website and we ended up in a luxury caravan don't get me wrong it was lovely can't fault it but when I said we had wanted the lodge we were informed that they were fully booked so that's why we just took the caravan but when we arrived on the second day we went down to have a look at the lodges to discover they were all empty and now we are wondering why we were told they were fully booked for that week ???? Obviously it was a lie no one was at the reception the whole time we were there only on the day we were leaving did someone appear it's certainly no way to run a business .

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jeanette S
Sam O, Marketing at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Jeanette, I am so sorry that you had this experience. Unfortunately we had some issues with our website settings and a couple of bookings were confused in regards to luxury static homes and the lodges - this was promptly rectified.
Most of our lodges can also be rented through the winter as holiday homes on extended leases and this means that they are not always available for us to rent out, as they in effect belong to someone else for that week - hence maybe the reason for them all being empty when you were with us. We now have no lodges available again until March 2014.
It was certainly not our intention to lie to you! We are also taking on more staff for next season as a result of your feedback. I know this doesn't make your experience any better but I hope you'll accept our apologies.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
glasgow
Reviewed 16 October 2013

As the title states, yes the hobbits are lovely and that's about it. We have stayed in various sites throughout Scotland that offer similar accommodation and so were keen to try out the Hobbit huts and so we booked a 2 night stay at this park. Rightly or wrongly we did make a comparison to other similar resources and did expect basic facilities such as kitchen/cooking area however arrived to find there was no such provision. The website continues to advertise a lounge/bar area however this was closed for the duration of time we stayed there and so had to travel for meals.
With regards to the Hobbit in itself, the views from it are outstanding, there is no doubt about it. My concern within the Hobbit was the general lack of privacy due to there being no blind/curtain on the door which had a glass panel. The heating was poor as there was a small convection heater which only ran for a couple of minutes at a time and we found that only one socket worked meaning only one appliance could be used at a time.
There seemed to be many rules advertised throughout the site however these seemed to be contradictory depending on which one you read. Some stated that BBQ's were allowed, others said they were not allowed. There was also no one in the reception area to clarify any of these points.
This is a visit not to be repeated, which is a pitty because the park has a lot of potential

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kenny M
I'm sorry that you found our Hobbits less equipped than other parks you have visited. It was never the parks intention to provide communal cooking areas, however, I understand that the website may have been misleading in regards to the bar lounge and restaurant.
Mentions of these facilities have been removed from the website following your comments and we are undergoing a complete refurbishment this winter, ensuring when we re-open next March that the park is well staffed, fully operational and has made substantial improvements, including the addition of deflective mirror screens being added to the Hobbit's doors, still allowing in all the additional light, but not allowing anyone to see in.
I hope that maybe you would give the park a second chance in 2014, and come see us when we have refurbished and improved on the back of your feedback.
Fochabers, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I would like to be telling you that I had a great stay at Loch ness Holiday park but unfortunately I have not had this experience.

Just over a week ago I was browsing the internet looking for a short break for the 11th-14th October, when I stumbled upon the Loch Ness Holiday Park. To my delight I found that they had a Luxury lodge available for my dates requested and at the fantastic price of £225.

I continued my internet search and revisited loch ness Holiday parks website on several occasions over the next 12 hours but the price, availabilty and specification did not change so I decided I would book one of these luxury lodges, with deck and hot tub in a stunning location.

Shortly after booking I informed my wife who then booked the Friday and Monday off work. See I thought this would be a nice treat for her as she is currently 6 months pregnant.

I began telling friends and family of the fantastic lodge and the great prices and advising them to visit the website to book a short break. So myself and my wife were really looking forward to our short break away with our dog ( as the lodge stated it was pet friendly). The confirmation email came through stating I had booked and paid for a luxury lodge and confirmed the dates were the 11th-14th October and the full price of £225 had been paid. All good I was thinking but no.

Several days later I received an email from the owners stating that there had been some mistake with THEIR website which had resulted in me being offered the luxury lodge for "much" less than the normal price and that infact the lodges were all booked up for October but I could settle for a luxury static as this is what i SHOULD have been offered.

I advised the owners how much we had been looking forward to this and how dissapointed we were. I also pointed out the fact that regardless of the usual price for the lodge the price offered to me was paid in full and this was not my problem. I asked that my contract with them be honoured on an alternative date at the price I paid. However they refused to honour this agreement and simply refunded my money.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you go to any shop and a product is advertised at a price, correct or not, that is the price you pay and you get the goods. The shop does not turn round and offer you the shops own brand because it is nearer to the price you paid. No the shop takes responsibility for their mistake and honours the agreement.

Oh and just to add to it the lodges are not pet friendly!

Extremely dissapointed and will certainly not visit or recommend this place to anyone else.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chris R
Sam O, Marketing at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Chris, I'm so sorry to hear of your experience with us. I've just come on board, dealing with our Trip Advisor management for the Park, and I shall look into this for you and see what I can do (though I'm aware the event has been in gone). Please accept my sincerest apologies.
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Facilities were closed despite it being peak season and the touring area just looked like a large car park. My two children (aged 11 and 14) muttered 'this is horrible'. The bar and pool room were closed despite being advertised online. We had a fight to get a refund to go somewhere else as they had asked for payment upfront and were told by the couple that we were bad parents because who would want to just sit in a pub all day with kids. That was not our intention, but had thought we could perhaps eat out or the kids could get a game of pool. Rude, inhospitable staff and a barren wasteland. Do yourself a favour and don't bother.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lessneddon
I am so sorry that you had such an awful experience of the Park. The facilities mentioned on the website when you booked have since been removed, as the bar, restaurant and pool room were very evidently not operational this summer due to ongoing staffing issues. This removal of information from the website should have been done earlier than it was, and for this we are very, very sorry.
We are purposefully refurbishing the park completely this winter based on various feedback, and hope to have all facilities well staffed and fully operation by March 2014. I appreciate that this does not make your experience any better, but please know we took your feedback very seriously and are actioning improvements based on it. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what needs improving.
Bundaberg, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

The hobbit houses were lovely, we stayed in one for a night and couldn't believe how close to the loch we were for such a low price. You need to bring a lot of blankets to truly maximise the cute cosiness these little wine barrels provide - but it was very romantic. Shame the bar was closed but we went after the season ended and there was a footpath the whole short way to the nearest pub! Dawn over the loch viewed through our window was gorgeous & even if hubby did bang his head on the door a couple of times it was his tall fault!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrs C
Sam O, Marketing at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thanks so much for your review, we're really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You make a very good point about the hobbits being cosy and a little wee for those over 6ft guests - but the views are to die for.
The hobbits are our one step up from camping, glamping alternative, so they are our basic accommodation option, so we try and keep the price low - but we do advise bringing your own blankets, cups and home comforts to make the place your own during your stay!
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed one night with our children in a motorhome we had hired in Perth. We had been travelling up the east highlands coast right up to John O'Groats and back down the west highlands. The details of the loch ness holiday park looked and sounded brilliant, but on arrival we were so disappointed. The on site restaurant was closed. The toilets and showers were really smelly. I showered one of the children and then the water became freezing cold. Nobody else was in the shower block, so I couldn't understand the lack of hot water. Chemical waste disposal was a smelly old toilet that you emptied the waste down, my husband was nearly sick! Urgh. The park itself advertises a picture of a small pebbled loch side beach, but in reality this was about 2ft x 2ft! I didnt feel safe letting the children play outside the motorhome as there was no safety fence or hedge at the edge of the loch, apart from a few straggly thin shrubs! The play area was ok apart from that as it was in the middle of the road it had a fence around it , but the end of the slide butted up to the fence panel and therefore When a child Came down the slide it crashed into the fence!!! Around the site were Several old statics lying around Which felt you were on holiday with the Clampetts. Certainly will not be booking here again in a hurry!! Only positive side Was that Urqhart castle Was so close by and that is an excellent day out .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
I am really sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience at the park. Unfortunately the park this summer was left in the hands of the wardens for periods of time and the owners returned to find that conditions had been left to deteriorate drastically in their absence.
New wardens have been employed and fully trained up, and a full refurbishment with improved shower and toilet blocks are being installed over the winter period. The children's park, along with other aspects of the park, such as the new and improved static caravans are all being relocated within the parks perimeters too.
Hopefully these changes should mean that other holiday makers will not experience the unfortunate situation and conditions which you and your family did, and we are very sorry that you had such a horrid time of your stay with us.
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed for two nights at the beginning of August with our friends staying in the adjacent hobbit. This was the second time we had stayed and our friends joined us on our recommendation and were not disappointed. I had booked the two hobbits and asked for adjacent hobbits and expected that our hobbits would also share the picnic table inbetween unfortunately this wasn't the case however I should probably have specified this when I booked. We still had plenty of room to enjoy our BBQ and a few refreshments in the evening!
Our hobbit was clean and tidy on arrival and all the equipment was in good working order (some of it too good as the fridge started to freeze things!) The toilets/shower/ and dishwashing areas were clean and well maintained.
We had fantastic weather whilst there and made the most of it enjoying some walks in the local area. The views from the site are amazing and we saw a fantastic sunset however there is quite a lot of overgrown shrubbery/trees in front of some of the hobbits blocking the view which could benefit from being cut back.
The onsite bar was closed during our visit as it was the year before this wasn't an issue for us as we had brought plenty of food/drink to sustain ourselves however it would have been nice to visit it. The website states that it is open and others might get a surprise if they aren't as organised as we were.
This is a lovely little site and we will definitely return as will our friends our issues are minor ones and I would not hesitate in recommending to anyone who wants a true glamping experience.

Room Tip: Be sure to add any specific requests when booking online