“Love it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Invermoriston
Loch Ness Highland Lodges
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed here in October 2013 for a week, first in one of the hobbits and then into a static caravan. The hobbits are really great, cosy with a little heater, kettle, fridge and literally right on the shore of loch ness. The static caravans were lovely, all new and cosy, hot showers etc literally could not fault it. The owner and care takers were also lovely and extremely helpful. Only fault was no wifi but that is not a real issue and they were in the process of installing it anyway. As we went at beginning of winter it was very quiet but still an excellent time of year to go. One suggestion is dropping prices slightly over the winter months as the restaurant/ bar etc isn't open as it is the off season however you pay the same as the high season. Overall definitely recommend staying here for families, couples, friends.

1  Thank Georgia M

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed in Lodge 4 after looking at the reviews on here & all I can say is WOW!!! These lodges really are beautiful. I initially wanted a width facing lodge as thought they looked a little more private. But Lodge 4 had everything. Aqua TV in the bathroom, a 42" plasma hidden behind the fireplace. Everything was of a very high standard & lodge was well equipped for our weeks stay. My partner was unwell unfortunately during the stay so we hung out most around the lodge. Myself & my 5 year old spent 2-3 hours in the hot tub most days, even in the rain. The views over the infamous Loch Ness were breathtaking from both lodge & the hot tub. One thing I noticed about this particular lodge is it had uninterrupted views over the loch, some of the other lodges I noticed the trees on the banks had grown up & views were not as good. I can't rave about Lodge 4 enough. It was very cosy & so beautiful. We had a jacuzzi bath which my daughter played in whilst watching tv, we had a separate shower room & wc in main bedroom. The shower was fab with extra jets for a super power shower, the bathrooms are very contemporary & these lodges are of a very high spec. My only tiny criticism which I'm sure staff would have resolved was the duvet & pillows were not fresh & even though new covers were on the duvets & pillows, they really needed washing or changing as they have obviously have had a lot of use.( The actual duvets & pillows not the covers). This really was the only criticism. But it didn't affect our stay. I've included lots of pictures with the review as really wanted to show off this beautiful place. If you are staying as a tourer or in a hobbit then maybe it's a different story, but Lodge 4 really is 4/5 star & I'm very very fussy when it comes to places, so trust me you will not be disappointed with this lodge. The hot tub is just beautiful, it's not very private as next door over looks it, but once you are in there you really don't care as your too busy lost in those stunning views. We watched many a boat passing & it was simply lush. Another bonus of this lodge is the steps down to the Loch Shore. My 5 year old had a good old paddle in the Loch. There were no ducks to be seen so unfortunately we couldn't feed them, but she had endless fun, throwing stones & paddling. There's also a lovely waterfall behind lodge 4 & it was lovely to listen to whilst in the hot tub. Another important observation, the hot tub was well maintained & water very clean :-) it really was a pleasure to use & heated to a lovely 40 degrees on the day of our arrival. I must point out we stayed at the complex in the last week of the season. 25th - 1st November. We knew park facilities would be shut & it was no big deal, we're not into these leisure clubs anyway. It was very quiet out of season & many lodges were empty. But it was lovely as this park has an exclusive feel as only 10 lodges there. There is not lots to do in the area, but this is a place of relaxation. Neighbouring Inverness & Fort William will provide you with a vast array of shops. We enjoyed a Loch Cruise with Jacobite cruises & visited the Loch Ness Exhibition Centre. Worth a trip to. As for dining we made use of our the fabulous lodge kitchen & are out only twice. One place YOU MUST MUST TRY! Is The Fiddlers restaurant - top class food. Sea food, chowders, steaks & over 600 Whiskies!! Amazing restaurant about 15 mins away in Drummadrochit. There's a huge selection of activities & info in reception & a plenty of info in the lodge as well. Be prepared if you are a sky tv lover. Although the lodge has sky box it only does basic channels & no wifi here. Good GPRS & 02 signal, but for 5 star we kind of expected wifi & sky channels. Again a tiny matter & we didn't come up to Loch Ness to watch the tv. If you want a super relaxing break & lodge with everything then book lodge 4. TV in every room & DVD TV in twin room so good for the kids. This place will take some beating & I'd come back in a heart beat :-) I think during the lighter nights though as I would have loved more of those loch views. Beautiful place in the most amazing location :-)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shropsh
Sam O, Marketing at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

So glad you enjoyed your November stay with us. You're absolutely right about the amazing loch views - we're so blessed with our location!
I'm not sure if you're aware but at the moment we're actually under refurbishment during the winter periods - hence you being with us for the very last week of opening - and improved Wifi (though connectivity in the highlands, even using satellite can sometimes be a bit hit and miss) alongside additional Sky channels is one of the things we're including in our upgrades.
So hopefully if you make it back to us, we'll be able to welcome you along with these improvements - and we'll obviously take on board what you mentioned about the duvets and pillows and get some new ones in. Thanks for the feedback and we hope to see you again in 2014!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just returned from 3 nights in new touring caravan at Loch Ness Holiday Park,warden welcomed us on arrival selected our pitch lochside and settled down.Yes Lounge Bar was still closed but there was plenty to do in surrounding area.Toilets were clean and there was plenty of hot water in both gents and ladies toilets,will return next year

1  Thank Graham W
Sam O, Marketing at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed your visit to us Graham! Apologies about the lounge bar, we are in the process of refurbishing this, and have exciting new plans for extra amenities before this time next year, so hopefully we'll have as much on site, as off site for you when you revisit. Look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We have just came home from spending three days at this site the views were amazing but the place was empty the bar /lounge was not opened at any time we were the only ones there apart from the odd tourer when we booked it was advertised for a luxury lodge which we paid for up front only to be e- mailed a couple of days later to say it was a mistake on their website and we ended up in a luxury caravan don't get me wrong it was lovely can't fault it but when I said we had wanted the lodge we were informed that they were fully booked so that's why we just took the caravan but when we arrived on the second day we went down to have a look at the lodges to discover they were all empty and now we are wondering why we were told they were fully booked for that week ???? Obviously it was a lie no one was at the reception the whole time we were there only on the day we were leaving did someone appear it's certainly no way to run a business .

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jeanette S
Sam O, Marketing at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Jeanette, I am so sorry that you had this experience. Unfortunately we had some issues with our website settings and a couple of bookings were confused in regards to luxury static homes and the lodges - this was promptly rectified.
Most of our lodges can also be rented through the winter as holiday homes on extended leases and this means that they are not always available for us to rent out, as they in effect belong to someone else for that week - hence maybe the reason for them all being empty when you were with us. We now have no lodges available again until March 2014.
It was certainly not our intention to lie to you! We are also taking on more staff for next season as a result of your feedback. I know this doesn't make your experience any better but I hope you'll accept our apologies.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

As the title states, yes the hobbits are lovely and that's about it. We have stayed in various sites throughout Scotland that offer similar accommodation and so were keen to try out the Hobbit huts and so we booked a 2 night stay at this park. Rightly or wrongly we did make a comparison to other similar resources and did expect basic facilities such as kitchen/cooking area however arrived to find there was no such provision. The website continues to advertise a lounge/bar area however this was closed for the duration of time we stayed there and so had to travel for meals.
With regards to the Hobbit in itself, the views from it are outstanding, there is no doubt about it. My concern within the Hobbit was the general lack of privacy due to there being no blind/curtain on the door which had a glass panel. The heating was poor as there was a small convection heater which only ran for a couple of minutes at a time and we found that only one socket worked meaning only one appliance could be used at a time.
There seemed to be many rules advertised throughout the site however these seemed to be contradictory depending on which one you read. Some stated that BBQ's were allowed, others said they were not allowed. There was also no one in the reception area to clarify any of these points.
This is a visit not to be repeated, which is a pitty because the park has a lot of potential

2  Thank Kenny M

I'm sorry that you found our Hobbits less equipped than other parks you have visited. It was never the parks intention to provide communal cooking areas, however, I understand that the website may have been misleading in regards to the bar lounge and restaurant.
Mentions of these facilities have been removed from the website following your comments and we are undergoing a complete refurbishment this winter, ensuring when we re-open next March that the park is well staffed, fully operational and has made substantial improvements, including the addition of deflective mirror screens being added to the Hobbit's doors, still allowing in all the additional light, but not allowing anyone to see in.
I hope that maybe you would give the park a second chance in 2014, and come see us when we have refurbished and improved on the back of your feedback.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I would like to be telling you that I had a great stay at Loch ness Holiday park but unfortunately I have not had this experience.

Just over a week ago I was browsing the internet looking for a short break for the 11th-14th October, when I stumbled upon the Loch Ness Holiday Park. To my delight I found that they had a Luxury lodge available for my dates requested and at the fantastic price of £225.

I continued my internet search and revisited loch ness Holiday parks website on several occasions over the next 12 hours but the price, availabilty and specification did not change so I decided I would book one of these luxury lodges, with deck and hot tub in a stunning location.

Shortly after booking I informed my wife who then booked the Friday and Monday off work. See I thought this would be a nice treat for her as she is currently 6 months pregnant.

I began telling friends and family of the fantastic lodge and the great prices and advising them to visit the website to book a short break. So myself and my wife were really looking forward to our short break away with our dog ( as the lodge stated it was pet friendly). The confirmation email came through stating I had booked and paid for a luxury lodge and confirmed the dates were the 11th-14th October and the full price of £225 had been paid. All good I was thinking but no.

Several days later I received an email from the owners stating that there had been some mistake with THEIR website which had resulted in me being offered the luxury lodge for "much" less than the normal price and that infact the lodges were all booked up for October but I could settle for a luxury static as this is what i SHOULD have been offered.

I advised the owners how much we had been looking forward to this and how dissapointed we were. I also pointed out the fact that regardless of the usual price for the lodge the price offered to me was paid in full and this was not my problem. I asked that my contract with them be honoured on an alternative date at the price I paid. However they refused to honour this agreement and simply refunded my money.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you go to any shop and a product is advertised at a price, correct or not, that is the price you pay and you get the goods. The shop does not turn round and offer you the shops own brand because it is nearer to the price you paid. No the shop takes responsibility for their mistake and honours the agreement.

Oh and just to add to it the lodges are not pet friendly!

Extremely dissapointed and will certainly not visit or recommend this place to anyone else.

3  Thank Chris R

Chris, I'm so sorry to hear of your experience with us. I've just come on board, dealing with our Trip Advisor management for the Park, and I shall look into this for you and see what I can do (though I'm aware the event has been in gone). Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Facilities were closed despite it being peak season and the touring area just looked like a large car park. My two children (aged 11 and 14) muttered 'this is horrible'. The bar and pool room were closed despite being advertised online. We had a fight to get a refund to go somewhere else as they had asked for payment upfront and were told by the couple that we were bad parents because who would want to just sit in a pub all day with kids. That was not our intention, but had thought we could perhaps eat out or the kids could get a game of pool. Rude, inhospitable staff and a barren wasteland. Do yourself a favour and don't bother.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lessneddon

I am so sorry that you had such an awful experience of the Park. The facilities mentioned on the website when you booked have since been removed, as the bar, restaurant and pool room were very evidently not operational this summer due to ongoing staffing issues. This removal of information from the website should have been done earlier than it was, and for this we are very, very sorry.
We are purposefully refurbishing the park completely this winter based on various feedback, and hope to have all facilities well staffed and fully operation by March 2014. I appreciate that this does not make your experience any better, but please know we took your feedback very seriously and are actioning improvements based on it. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what needs improving.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Invermoriston
The Lovat, Loch Ness
#1 of 10 in Fort Augustus
Lodges on Loch Ness
Lodges on Loch Ness
#1 of 2 in Foyers

Been to Loch Ness Highland Lodges? Share your experiences!