“Great location.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loch Ness Highland Lodges

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Invermoriston
Loch Ness Highland Lodges
Bagley, United Kingdom
“Great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

View was fantastic from our pitch right on the waters edge. Hard standing with hook up and a bar to enjoy an evening pint in. Only improvement could be in the shower facilities. Clean but old and the hot water runs out. But the campsite is in a perfect location for exploring Loch Ness and the surrounding areas.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Loch_Ness_Park, Public Relations Manager at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Loch Ness Holiday Park. We agree, the location is just perfect and the view from the pitches are breathtaking!

Regards the shower facilities, large investment was made at the start of the year building two new well-equipped shower blocks...so perhaps these were missed by yourselves? We are constantly seeking to find improvements in our wee park and we take on board any comments from our guests.

We are delighted that you enjoyed Loch Ness and the surrounding area and we hope to see you again.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked a Hobbit for my girlfriend and me for 2 nights in August. We made a Scotland trip in our tent and thought it would be a nice variety. I booked it in May this year and paid it via Mastercard, they took the money 6 days later.
Because of some other closed campsites, we were forced to rearrange our trip, also the stay in Lochness Holiday Park. I amended it via the website 1,5 weeks before our arrival. It was a short time before our trip started, so my Girlfriend called the Lochness Holiday Park to make sure that the amendment was accepted. They told her the new correct dates and that it would be fine.
When we arrived at Loch Ness Holiday Park we gave the old booking and the new one to the woman at the reception. Than she told us, that she didn't get the new booking, and that there are actually no vacancies left. We didn't get any written answer to our amendment, what we should have got according to the receptionist (only the confirmation via telephone). Fortunately a family cancelled and we could get a Hobbit for one night and we would see further next morning.
So next morning we went to the reception again and we got the "good" news, that she could arrange the Hobbit for one more night, but we had to pay the 70 Pounds for the 2 nights. I explained to her that I paid it in May with my Master Card. They didn't believe me and said that this couldn't be true, because they never got my Creditcard details. I asked them, why I had a "Confirmed Reservation" which said "Thank you for sending your credit card details." and "Total Payable: GBP 70, Total Paid: GBP 70". They said, this would mean something different and it would be impossible, that they have my Creditcard details and that the first booking never arrived, too. One day before I asked them, if the Hobbit was empty when we didn't arrive, they answered "yes". So there had to be a booking before. I wanted to proof them that I had paid, so I asked them, if I could show them the payment at my online banking account. The receptionist said I could. I showed her, that there was a debit entry about 70 Pounds (83,66 Euro) but the Name of the recipient was deleted, because it was more than 4 weeks ago. Then the owner came and told me in a very rude and aggressive way to get away from the PC or I had to pay for using the Internet and to get out of his office and pay the 70 Pounds and then everything would be okay.
After 4 calls to my German bank and an E-Mail from Mastercard (my bank called them) they believed me that they got the money from me.
They never apologised for their mistake. I asked them, who made the mistake and they just told me, they didn't know. They print out small sale slips on thermopaper for their creditcard booking confirmation, if these sale slips don't exist, they don't believe that you have paid. Thermopaper gets unreadable in sunlight.
Al in all the handling was really unprofessional. From a professional staff you could expect that they check their bank account or try to solve the problem by themselves. We lost about 2 hours by discussing at the reception. They ruined our day at Loch Ness.

The showers were clean, but the toilets weren't. The campsite looks nice and the view is very good. But the service and behaviour against the paying guests are terrible.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joshua S
Loch_Ness_Park, Owner at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for visiting Loch Ness Holiday Park. I am delighted that you found the campsite and area to be so lovely, and hope that you take back great memories of Scotland.

I would like to apologise for any confusion or difficulties experienced during your stay with us. I must note that you did enjoy a 2-night stay in one of our hobbits, despite an issue with a third-party booking agency meaning that we hadn't in fact received any confirmation of a booking.

We deal with thousands of bookings throughout the year and 99.9% go through perfectly. As the owner I assured you that we did believe your payment, and clearly stated that once cleared up you would be fully reimbursed.

We are constantly seeking to improve every aspect of the park for future visitors and we value any feedback we receive.

At Loch Ness Holiday Park we take pride in our customer service, and our goal is to have every customer leave us delighted with the service provided, recommending us to their friends and family. I have full faith in our team and their sensitive and friendly handling of situations, and a glance at previous visitor's reviews will confirm this.
Llanelli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed in one of the luxury lodges with my husband and two children age 7 and 9. After a very long drive we were greeted by very helpful staff and were shown to our lodge immediately. The lodge was very clean, spacious and very well equipped. Our son especially liked the spa bath and aqua tv. The site was very clean and had a park for the children. Our lodge was overlooking the lochness and had steps leading down to the small pebble beach where my husband and son done some fishing. (You can hire rods at reception). We went on the cruise of lochness from fort William which is about 15 mins in car which we enjoyed. And we also drove to the Isle of Skye where the scenery was beautiful and took the ferry across which held four cars. We all enjoyed this. We spent each evening in the hot tub admiring the spectacular views. Our children made lots of friends and we were all sorry to leave. It was worth the long journey once we arrived and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank jacsew
Loch_Ness_Park, Public Relations Manager at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Fantastic! We are delighted that you had such a great time at Loch Ness Holiday Park and took the time to share this on TripAdvisor, we really do appreciate it!

It sounds as if you made the most of what is on hand, we agree - the Isle Of Skye is simply incredible and well worth a visit... and of course the Loch on the doorstep isn't too bad either!

We are very proud of our luxury lodges, and it sounds like you had a superb time and enjoyed the facilities.

We look forward to seeing you again!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Went here with a group of friends and really enjoyed our time. Friendly owners who went that extra mile, great views, excellent facilities and would definitely go back there again soon. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're delighted to hear that you and your friends had a great time and that you would recommend Loch Ness Holiday Park. Many thanks for taking the time to post to the wider travel community on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to seeing you again!
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had a lovely holiday here with my wife and 3 kids (7yrs, 4yrs & 20 months). Stayed in one of the luxury lodges and found them well kitted out, comfortable and beautifully located right on the banks of the Loch. Stunning view and the sound of the Loch in the morning is something i miss still. Was told on booking that we would be able to fish from our Lodge, but in Lodge 8 where we were this was not the case. however we could happily fish off the jetty on site and the kids could paddle and play in the water which was fantastic. We were blessed with good weather but even when it rained the hot tub by the lodge was a welcome retreat. A great holiday and if ever we are in the highlands again we will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Barry M
Loch_Ness_Park, Owner at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you very much for leaving you Review of Loch Ness Holiday Park on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with your young family and managed to get in a spot of fishing! Hope to see you back again soon and thank you for taking the time to post.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Caravan 2A was fab great space everything you could need and the kids park and pool tables kept our wee niece busy everyone on the site was polite and friendly a great base for fort Augustus and Inverness traveling was a great break would defo recommend to stay here!!

Stayed July 2014
Loch_Ness_Park, Owner at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
So glad to hear you enjoyed your wee holiday with us and thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback! Your comments are very much appreciated and we always like to hear when our guests have had a great stay - thanks again - hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Friendly owners, fab setting closing to fort Augustus and Caledonia canal etc.,had a great over night stay here - park quiet and bar and restaurant open food was Fine and price as you would expect - travelled with 2 kids age 3 and 7 and they loved it and haven't stopped going on about it since!! Play park on site a bonus and as usual if you get the weather why go abroad and all other cabin dwellers are really friendly mostly European or English just travelling about - would thoroughly recommend for 1 or 2 nights if the weather is good - might be a bit small if you had to stay in due to rain etc., was real hot though in the nice weather facilities are ample and clean and owner and his son very friendly and chatty when walking their dog - will defo try and go back sometimes

Room Tip: They are all called after characters from the hobbit and none are too far from facilities and since...