“A nice few days” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loch Ness Highland Lodges

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Invermoriston
Loch Ness Highland Lodges
Preston, United Kingdom
“A nice few days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We spent a couple of days here on our travels through the Scottish highlands. The hobbit was perfect for what we wanted although storage underneath the benches would make it even better. The location was fantastic, nestled on the banks of Loch Ness with beautiful views every time we stepped out of the door.

The accommodation and facilities were very clean but somewhat limited. There were no disabled facilities and so I found it very difficult to take a shower. There was also no area for cooking undercover as I have been accustomed to in other wigwam/hobbit sites, just a sink area for washing up. These are just small gripes though and didn't really affect our visit negatively just ideas for improvement.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Loch_Ness_Park, Owner at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you very much for your review - I am personally delighted that you enjoyed your time up here so much! Thank you also for your suggestions, we are a very forward-thinking park and always looking to improve the experience for the guest.

We look forward to seeing you again sometime!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed in the Retreat on a 4 night break with my daughter. We were greeted with a nice friendly welcome on our arrival and shown our accommodation. The Retreat was spotlessly clean, comfortable and had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. The best thing is the location, it doesn't get much better, absolutely stunning! I would most definitely stay here again. It was the perfect base for exploring Loch Ness and further afield. Where else can you search for a monster! It was perfect.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brilliant! We love our park and we love it when our guests share that feeling! Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, hopefully next time you will have a close-encounter with wee Nessie!
Inverness, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We have stayed in these hobbits twice now, once at the end of the season last year and once this July for 3 nights. The views are lovely and children's park is excellent for the little ones. The restaurant was open this time and it was really good too. The hobbits are lovely and cosy but not very clean the decking was full of cobwebs which we had to clean ourselves before we sat outside, we put it down to being the end of season last year but high season in July is not acceptable. As for the shower blocks being refurbished this year definitely not they were the same as last year, in need of a real refurbishment and cleaning too, the water is cold all the time as I had a shower first thing. They say they are closed between 11 and 12 for cleaning but they were never closed while we were there actually the whole time we were there we didn't see any cleaners in shower/toilet block or the hobbits. As for the parks comment on the last review "you must of missed the newly refurbished shower block" unfortunately this would be very hard to do as there are only 2 blocks and a small site. Would love to go back when they really do refurbish the shower blocks and do some cleaning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Laura K
Loch_Ness_Park, Owner at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your review - we hope that you enjoyed your time up in our part of the world!

We are disappointed that you didn't appreciate aspects of our park. We can assure you that the park reopened in March after refurbishments, include an expensive refit of the shower facilities.

We hope that you agree that our park is at a really special location, and take back fond memories. We like to think that all of our guests leave having had a great experience up here at Loch Ness!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed in a hobbit for two nights.
The hobbits are not located directly next to Loch Ness like it is on the photos (the view at the lake was still good, but they are going to built new luxus lounges oder something like that in front of the hobbits).
It was not clean, mould was behind the curtain and the refridgerator stank.
The dish washing and toilets were quite dirty. Actually the showers were OK, but said to turn suddenly cold sometime.
The staff of the park (mostly the owner) was impolite and incompetent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Rapper-Tomate
Bagley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

View was fantastic from our pitch right on the waters edge. Hard standing with hook up and a bar to enjoy an evening pint in. Only improvement could be in the shower facilities. Clean but old and the hot water runs out. But the campsite is in a perfect location for exploring Loch Ness and the surrounding areas.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Loch_Ness_Park, Public Relations Manager at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Loch Ness Holiday Park. We agree, the location is just perfect and the view from the pitches are breathtaking!

Regards the shower facilities, large investment was made at the start of the year building two new well-equipped shower blocks...so perhaps these were missed by yourselves? We are constantly seeking to find improvements in our wee park and we take on board any comments from our guests.

We are delighted that you enjoyed Loch Ness and the surrounding area and we hope to see you again.
Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked a Hobbit for my girlfriend and me for 2 nights in August. We made a Scotland trip in our tent and thought it would be a nice variety. I booked it in May this year and paid it via Mastercard, they took the money 6 days later.
Because of some other closed campsites, we were forced to rearrange our trip, also the stay in Lochness Holiday Park. I amended it via the website 1,5 weeks before our arrival. It was a short time before our trip started, so my Girlfriend called the Lochness Holiday Park to make sure that the amendment was accepted. They told her the new correct dates and that it would be fine.
When we arrived at Loch Ness Holiday Park we gave the old booking and the new one to the woman at the reception. Than she told us, that she didn't get the new booking, and that there are actually no vacancies left. We didn't get any written answer to our amendment, what we should have got according to the receptionist (only the confirmation via telephone). Fortunately a family cancelled and we could get a Hobbit for one night and we would see further next morning.
So next morning we went to the reception again and we got the "good" news, that she could arrange the Hobbit for one more night, but we had to pay the 70 Pounds for the 2 nights. I explained to her that I paid it in May with my Master Card. They didn't believe me and said that this couldn't be true, because they never got my Creditcard details. I asked them, why I had a "Confirmed Reservation" which said "Thank you for sending your credit card details." and "Total Payable: GBP 70, Total Paid: GBP 70". They said, this would mean something different and it would be impossible, that they have my Creditcard details and that the first booking never arrived, too. One day before I asked them, if the Hobbit was empty when we didn't arrive, they answered "yes". So there had to be a booking before. I wanted to proof them that I had paid, so I asked them, if I could show them the payment at my online banking account. The receptionist said I could. I showed her, that there was a debit entry about 70 Pounds (83,66 Euro) but the Name of the recipient was deleted, because it was more than 4 weeks ago. Then the owner came and told me in a very rude and aggressive way to get away from the PC or I had to pay for using the Internet and to get out of his office and pay the 70 Pounds and then everything would be okay.
After 4 calls to my German bank and an E-Mail from Mastercard (my bank called them) they believed me that they got the money from me.
They never apologised for their mistake. I asked them, who made the mistake and they just told me, they didn't know. They print out small sale slips on thermopaper for their creditcard booking confirmation, if these sale slips don't exist, they don't believe that you have paid. Thermopaper gets unreadable in sunlight.
Al in all the handling was really unprofessional. From a professional staff you could expect that they check their bank account or try to solve the problem by themselves. We lost about 2 hours by discussing at the reception. They ruined our day at Loch Ness.

The showers were clean, but the toilets weren't. The campsite looks nice and the view is very good. But the service and behaviour against the paying guests are terrible.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Joshua S
Loch_Ness_Park, Owner at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for visiting Loch Ness Holiday Park. I am delighted that you found the campsite and area to be so lovely, and hope that you take back great memories of Scotland.

I would like to apologise for any confusion or difficulties experienced during your stay with us. I must note that you did enjoy a 2-night stay in one of our hobbits, despite an issue with a third-party booking agency meaning that we hadn't in fact received any confirmation of a booking.

We deal with thousands of bookings throughout the year and 99.9% go through perfectly. As the owner I assured you that we did believe your payment, and clearly stated that once cleared up you would be fully reimbursed.

We are constantly seeking to improve every aspect of the park for future visitors and we value any feedback we receive.

At Loch Ness Holiday Park we take pride in our customer service, and our goal is to have every customer leave us delighted with the service provided, recommending us to their friends and family. I have full faith in our team and their sensitive and friendly handling of situations, and a glance at previous visitor's reviews will confirm this.
Llanelli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed in one of the luxury lodges with my husband and two children age 7 and 9. After a very long drive we were greeted by very helpful staff and were shown to our lodge immediately. The lodge was very clean, spacious and very well equipped. Our son especially liked the spa bath and aqua tv. The site was very clean and had a park for the children. Our lodge was overlooking the lochness and had steps leading down to the small pebble beach where my husband and son done some fishing. (You can hire rods at reception). We went on the cruise of lochness from fort William which is about 15 mins in car which we enjoyed. And we also drove to the Isle of Skye where the scenery was beautiful and took the ferry across which held four cars. We all enjoyed this. We spent each evening in the hot tub admiring the spectacular views. Our children made lots of friends and we were all sorry to leave. It was worth the long journey once we arrived and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank jacsew
Loch_Ness_Park, Public Relations Manager at Loch Ness Highland Lodges, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Fantastic! We are delighted that you had such a great time at Loch Ness Holiday Park and took the time to share this on TripAdvisor, we really do appreciate it!

It sounds as if you made the most of what is on hand, we agree - the Isle Of Skye is simply incredible and well worth a visit... and of course the Loch on the doorstep isn't too bad either!

We are very proud of our luxury lodges, and it sounds like you had a superb time and enjoyed the facilities.

We look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Invermoriston
The Lovat, Loch Ness
#1 of 2 in Foyers
Ancarraig Lodges
Ancarraig Lodges
#1 of 1 in Bunloit

Been to Loch Ness Highland Lodges? Share your experiences!