“Lovely hidden gem”

Applecross Walled Garden
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Applecross
Price range: US$16 - US$35
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Rugeley, United Kingdom
“Lovely hidden gem”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We ate midweek and were the only people in there, what a shame. We had a beautiful meal with super attentive service.

The garden is stunning, we ate overlooking it. The food was high quality, served beautifully and plentiful. My partner had the rather lovely boar and shore starter and I went for the crab. Fresh salad straight from the gardens. It was delicious. My main course lobster was fantastic. There are a good selection of wines.

This is very high standard food at less than pub prices, next time we are in Applecross or anywhere near we will revisit. Highly recommended food at a superb value for money.

The garden is stunning too!

All local produce and/or fair trade, shows how good food can be done at a good price. I think this place will just get better and better.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Karen S

Warminster, United Kingdom
“Meal for 2 at the Potting Shed”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Staying at nearby Culduie, we decided to have lunch at the Potting Shed, beside Applecross House. We've eating there several times in previous years, and they still serve good food. Menu rather limited if you're not a fish-lover, but we both enjoyed a Scottish beefburger salad.

1 Thank Bob E
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Little piece of paradise”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by locals in Lochcarron and it was wellk worth the visit. Set in the most beautiful walled garden is a little gem of a place serving food all day (even Sunday!). I had warm goats cheese with a red onion marmalade, bread and salad and although it was a starter portion it was enough for me as a main meal. To follow I had Tiramisu with ice cream delicious. My partner had homemade tomato soup and then a strawberry tart and ice cream both tasty and delicious. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The setting was so beautiful we could have stayed all day. Well worth a visit for the food and the gardens.

1 Thank Strathpeffergirl
Chippenham, England, United Kingdom
“Great all round”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Potting Shed was recommended to us by the campsite we were staying at with the added value for us that they allowed dogs on leads within, we walked there and following a private drive walked into the walled garden which was beautifully kept and was your view from the Shed, as we stayed at Applecross for several days we managed to go there for all 3 meals separately and each one was well made, tasty and well served but I enjoyed my evening meals for the fresh seafood they served which was gorgeous.
They are open from 8.30am and take last orders for food at 8.30pm 7 days, wish I had one of these on my doorstep.

1 Thank Sasha B
Broxburn, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, service and surroundings. Definitely worth a visit.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Been to the potting shed a few times for dinner and lunch and the food is always outstanding. The service is friendly, the garden tranquil and this really is such a great place to go for a meal. I'll be back in August when we visit Applecross next.

1 Thank WullieN10