“Incredible hospitality, Million dollar view!!”
Review of Spindrift

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Applecross
Spindrift
Ranked #2 of 6 Applecross B&B and Inns
Essex, Massachusetts
“Incredible hospitality, Million dollar view!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Sprindrift for a week in March.
I was blown away by the views and can honestly say that I had
the most restful sleep that I have had in years. The apartment
is very tastefully decorated and has a very contemporary style.

Most impressive were the thoughtful touches like milk
for tea and cereal and jams in the kitchen as well as books
and brochures featuring things to do while in the area.
It was immaculate and Sue and Andy could not have
been any more gracious in their hospitality.

I can't wait to go back!! It was truly the best experience
I ever had in a bed and breakfast! Five stars accommodations!
Thank you so very much for a memorable week in Applecross!!

Room Tip: Book way ahead, Spindrift is well worth the journey!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dianefromEssex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This B&B is truly stunning. The Accomodation itself is like your own private bit of heaven looking out to sea. Very tastefully decorated like a trendy cosy beach house. Sue and Andy the owners couldn't do enough for us. The breakfasts were out of this world - homemade bread was the highlight.
Could definitely recommend this for a romantic getaway or just a good rest to chill and read a book with the stunning view as the backdrop.
Will definitely be back.
Thank you for our fabulous stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buffy89
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I stayed the weekend in this beautiful accommodation in the picturesque location of Applecross. Our self contained apartment was gorgeous. With fabulous views across the sea to the islands. The accommodation was spotless clean and fresh and fitted out to a high spec. It's lovely owners did us a beautiful breakfast. Would thoroughly recommend as a haven of peacefulness.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank trish m
Washington
Reviewed 8 September 2012

A fantastic B@B about 10 miles north of Applecross .A detached room with a panorama window giving superb views towards the Islands.I could only describe this as 5 * accommodation as it is so peaceful and the views in the morning are "WOW" and if we go back to Applecross there is nowhere else I would want to stay.

Room Tip: If you want privacy and comfort and superb scenery this is the place.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank geordieholland
scotland
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend at 'spindrift' and a slice of heaven is the best the way I can describe this B&B! A beautiful and immaculately presented studio apartment with every detail you could imagine. The view from the room over the coast was to DIE for as you lay in the huge comfy bed, or lounged on the sofa in front of the huge windows. Even the table is well positioned so you can look out over the countryside as you eat your breakfast. Sue is a wonderful and welcoming host who made our stay extremely comfortable, delivering our delicious cooked breakfast (all locally sourced also with home made bread and fantastic eggs from own hens) each morning - but also giving you your privacy too. It was just the most perfect base to explore the area!

I actually cant recommend this place enough if you are looking for an excellent and extremely well priced B&B. I cant imagine why you would stay anywhere else, and we will certainly return!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank scotbokkie
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We had a two night stay at the beginning of June 2012 & we have to agree with all the positive comments in previous reviews. If we were going for a short stay again I can't think why we would want to look for anywhere else.

It's not just a bedroom - think self-contained Studio Apartment with B&B service. Best of both worlds!

- and a view to die for

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B M
Surbiton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and I just returned from a 3 night stay at Spindrift. I'm not convinced the photos do Spindrift justice - it is definitely a more than a typical b&b room. It is a good size, very tastefully decorated, very clean with ensuite (good sized) bathroom, small kitchen area, and nice storage space. Attention to detail is high too, from the wine bottle opener to the spare hairdryer to the good range of jams and other things to snack on. Best of all was sat on the sofa looking out at the gorgeous views of the sunset over the bay and the hills on the islands opposite. We went June time so sunset was around 10.30, those views will stay with us a while.

Sue and Andy are very welcoming and I could have quite happily have had Sue's home made breakfasts(wheeled in each morning on a trolley, including home made bread and eggs from their hens) for breakie, lunch, and dinner. Sue has a great knowledge of the area and she recommended some nice quirky places (like Nanny's in Sheildig, check out the scones and home made jam or the salmon with dill sauce) that were delightful. Spindrift is about 10 mins along a lovely coastal road to applecross. I nearly crashed a few times I was so distracted by the lovely views. All in all worth spending a few days at - perfect as a base to explore this very delightful part of Scotland.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maple3843
Also consider these accommodations in or near Applecross
The Torridon
#1 of 2 in Talladale
Gairloch Highland Lodge
Gairloch Highland Lodge
#3 of 5 in Gairloch

Been to Spindrift? Share your experiences!