“Excellent”
Review of EcoVentures

EcoVentures
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Cromarty
More attraction details
Owner description: Boat trips from the beautiful village of Cromarty. Wildlife regularly encountered includes; the resident colony of Bottlenose Dolphins, Seals, Seabirds and the occasional Minke Whale. Daily sailings from Easter through until October weather permitting. Booking highly recommended.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have been out several times before with Ecoventures and it has always been great. This prompted me to book a trip as a fitting adventure to add to the final day of a week-long photo-safari around Scotland I was running.

As always the trip was brilliantly run and well organised. I booked the afternoon trip for myself and two clients, figuring that Sarah would already have been out and would have a good idea where to find the best dolphin action for the afternoon sailing. I was not wrong.

We met several groups of dolphins, many of whom swam very close to the rib and a couple who also gave us a great breaching display.

Both of my clients were delighted with the trip, especially the one chap who managed to capture a full-frame shot of a dolphin completely out of the water.

I cannot recommend Ecoventures highly enough and will definitely include them on the itinerary on future photo-safaris.

1  Thank PhotoClassic

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I took my 87 year old father on a boat trip with Ecoventures and we had a fantastic experience, with the highlight being making contact with a school of 8 dolphins. An incredibly warm and friendly company and a very competent and informed boat captain in Sarah. All in all something I would thoroughly recommend for all ages, representing excellent value for money.

2  Thank AlastairG531
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have had five outings with Ecoventures over the last nine years. This is a superb experience. It begins with a talk describing the sealife of the area and the ethos of the dolphin-watching community. Special clothing is provided, and the trip, which lasts about 2 hours, is taken aboard a rigid inflatable boat. I challenge you not to find it really exciting! We have seen dolphins on 4 out of 5 trips. There is also plenty to see along the cliffs on the Cromarty Firth - lots of seabirds. Do not miss this if you are in the area. Booking strongly recommended - bad weather may force cancellation.

2  Thank Susanne L
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We left knowing we may not be lucky enough to see any dolphins but we had luck on our side. We saw loads of beautiful wild dolphins, who seemed to perform for our cameras. Lots of sea birds too. Great captain & guide in Susan. A must do tour if you love wildlife! Thanks all

3  Thank TraceyCooper2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Spectacular trip out with dolphins swimming close to the boat and a great view of the bird colonies. Beautiful scenery as the boat zips through the water, bouncing over the waves with the dramatic sutors on either side. Very knowledgable skipper, who is friendly and accommodating. The hot chocolate pit-stop is a nice touch too. Never get tired of this!

2  Thank fooooody