“Excellent and professional”
Review of EcoVentures

EcoVentures
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Cromarty
More attraction details
Owner description: Boat trips from the beautiful village of Cromarty. Wildlife regularly encountered includes; the resident colony of Bottlenose Dolphins, Seals, Seabirds and the occasional Minke Whale. Daily sailings from Easter through until October weather permitting. Booking highly recommended.
Midlothian
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent and professional”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Took my five year old boy and my two grown up nephews last week. The whole experience was professionally run, from the genuinely warm and friendly reception we received from Rebecca to the knowledgable and capable captain Sarah. A great fun experience for all ages. Safety was never a concern and I could relax and enjoy myself. We all had a great trip. I had forgotten how interesting the Cromarty Firth is with all the wildlife living side by side with Ocean Liners and spare deep sea drilling rigs. Fascinating.

Thanks gain for a great trip. My son has asked me every day since the trip "when are we going back out on the RIB?" High praise indeed.

1 Thank ADM-Lasswade

London, United Kingdom
“A world class trip”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

An outstanding trip run by professionals. The dolphins came very close to us. Far beyond our expectations. Not to be missed. Thank you.

Scottish Borders
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great, as always!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have now been out with Sarah on six occasions over the past six years and have never been disappointed.
This trip we spotted several small groups of dolphins and as ever Sarah was great at getting us in a good position but not disturbing the dolphins, who ended up swimming under the stationary boat.
You don't always see dolphins, they are wild after all, but the trips are always very enjoyable and we will continue to go out with Ecoventures every time we visit the Inverness area.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank donkjnr
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have been out several times before with Ecoventures and it has always been great. This prompted me to book a trip as a fitting adventure to add to the final day of a week-long photo-safari around Scotland I was running.

As always the trip was brilliantly run and well organised. I booked the afternoon trip for myself and two clients, figuring that Sarah would already have been out and would have a good idea where to find the best dolphin action for the afternoon sailing. I was not wrong.

We met several groups of dolphins, many of whom swam very close to the rib and a couple who also gave us a great breaching display.

Both of my clients were delighted with the trip, especially the one chap who managed to capture a full-frame shot of a dolphin completely out of the water.

I cannot recommend Ecoventures highly enough and will definitely include them on the itinerary on future photo-safaris.

1 Thank PhotoClassic
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience and Great Value for Money”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I took my 87 year old father on a boat trip with Ecoventures and we had a fantastic experience, with the highlight being making contact with a school of 8 dolphins. An incredibly warm and friendly company and a very competent and informed boat captain in Sarah. All in all something I would thoroughly recommend for all ages, representing excellent value for money.

2 Thank AlastairG531