“Superb location, great hospitality”
Review of Kinloch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shieldaig
Kinloch
Ranked #1 of 5 Shieldaig B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Lucky to find this place and to spend a night here during a cycle tour of the west Highlands.
Richard and Claire are perfect hosts; friendly and helpful without being intrusive. They are dog friendly.
The accommodation is in three buildings: the central house, a small lodge, suitable for a couple/small family and a larger cottage. We had the larger cottage to ourselves. It was very comfortable, well decorated and clean.
We had dinner at a restaurant in the village, about 15 minutes walk away.
Breakfast was perfect. Locally sourced sausage and bacon.
Would love to come back for a longer stay and use Kinloch as a base for exploring the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Andrew_B1410

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed last week as I was up in shieldaig doing some research. What a great spot!

The accommodation itself is far more than what i expected. There was only me in the cabin which was really very nice and has all the equipment you would need short of having a full kitchen. The view out the window across the loch, drying room, bathroom, tv, lounge, fireplace, fridge, hobs etc. Very impressed especially for such a reasonable price.

Evening meal- Claire cooked lentil soup, fresh haddock fish pie with strawbs and cream for pudds! Very nice and lots of it, was very full after!

Location- its probably 20-25 minute walk depending on your pace, but through amazing countryside and along the loch. Very peaceful. I stopped a few times and enjoyed the bird song and bees humming in the flowers as in Aberdeen I never have such silence. Shieldaig itself is small, pretty, and a perfect little break.Kinloch is ideal for the a complete escape, even though so close to shieldaig you feel miles away from anywhere.

Breakfast- such a spread! started with porridge then a full cooked breakfast was offered. I had pork sausage but had the choice of venison also and all the usual trimmings as well as fresh bread, jams, yoghurts, fresh juices and tea.

Hosts- Really friendly and welcoming, as I was there on my own I felt comfortable and at ease. and I was told to treat it as my home. Also they have a lovely dog that will great you warmly too.

very highly recommended! I would most definitely visit again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed unfortunately only one night but this is the place to be if you desire silence, wonderful views and peace. The location is simply amazing, right in front of the Loch. From our cottage we could see Shieldaig and the view was astonishing. We arrived late so we couldn't have dinner but luckily we could taste the perfect breackfast Richard prepared for us. I loved having a morning conversation with both Richard and Claire, I felt home. The cottage was adorable, clean, cozy. Don't miss this place

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We wanted a double room for one night and were given the room at the top of the larger cottage. As no other guests were staying Claire invited us to use the lounge downstairs if we wished, which was lovely. What can I say, the room was very clean, tastefully decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. Claire cooked us a fantastic meal of lentil soup, venison casserole and blackcurrant crumble with custard, delicious! every bit of it! As was the breakfast cooked by Richard the next morning! from the home-baked bread to the delicious venison and pork sausage. The setting overlooking the Loch is to die for, I would definitely come back for a longer stay possibly with friends. There is no TV or internet connection so perfect to get away from it all and soak up the surrounding nature. Alf the dog is a joy too and I'm sure Claire and Richard would allow him to be taken for walks :-) I also found Richard and Claire's conversation genuinely interesting and stimulating, a gem of a find in this fantastic part of Scotland.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic setting with very welcoming and informative hosts. We stayed in the larger of the two cottages this was equipped with everything that you require for a stay, it is very comfortable with a wood burner in the sitting area to warm you after a cold day out. There is more than enough space in the drying cupboard to cope with a wet day out for 3 mountain bikers. The breakfast was taken in the main property and the options were absolutely fantastic. Great place to stay looking forward to a return visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jellybaby_927
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced and a great breakfast. The cabins were really nice and the owners super friendly and accommodating. Great friendly dog, too. Great place if you're on a budget because you get a great big breakfast and I believe you can use the canoe and games hall at no extra cost. Bike accommodation too. Great location. Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I arrived by bike having battled the northerly gale and rain storms to a charming place by the loch side. The owner spied my soaking shoes and immediately offered to take them and dry them out near their Aga.

The room was very clean, well furnished with a comfortable bed and good en-suite.

I had opted to have an evening meal which given the length of the walk into Shieldaig village was a wise choice. The food for both the evening meal and breakfast was excellent.

Very enjoyable and fully recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Been to Kinloch? Share your experiences!