“Excellent coffee, amazing view”
Review of Nanny's

Nanny's
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Shieldaig
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Nanny's ia a small family run cafe situated on the shores of Loch Shieldaig. Food is freshly prepared to order with local produce being used as much as possible, including shell fish caught daily in Loch Torridon. Great coffee, tasty home bakes and a friendly service awaits you.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent coffee, amazing view”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a superfriendly family coffee house. Delicious coffee, excellent food, outstanding views, genuine Highland hospitality. If I lived in Shieldaig I'd be a regular.

It's also a great place to come for Celtman recces or hiking and cycling tour stops (ask about the Bealach circuit).

Glasgow
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We sat outside with our dog who was given a warm welcome and a bowl of water. My son opted for an ice cream while I had tea and lemon drizzle cake and my husband had coffee and scone with cream and jam. Now, I class myself as quite a baker and lemon drizzle cake is a specialty but the one I tasted at Nannys was amazing, dare I say slightly better than my own! The tea was lovely, freshly made with leaves in a pretty pot. My husband said his coffee was great but the highlight of his afternoon was the rhubarb jam that came as one, yes one of the jam choices, raspberry being the other. He said that if he could have, he would have spooned the whole pot of jam onto his plate and eaten it, forget the scone! I thought everything was great value for money although it could have ended up as a very expensive coffee when I spied some of the stunning pictures for sale inside! We will definitely return, please make sure you have plenty of rhubarb jam!

• Visited July 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Superb, gets everything right”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

What a wonderful breath of fresh air this café is. Open only a month in its current format, it has superb soup, light lunches and lovely cakes. Really attractive, welcoming café with views of the waterfront. Friendly, helpful staff, great paintings on the walls, just lovely in every way. Even the music is great. Make sure you stop here!
Best soup I have had in years, generous portions and gluten free options too which is very welcome.

• Visited July 2014
Applecross, United Kingdom
“wonderful cafe”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Beautiful setting, friendly service, excellent coffee, wonderful cakes and a great menu for such a small place. Would highly recommended a visit here.

St Peter Port, United Kingdom
“Top coffee, will come again!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stopped for a coffee, a bacon & egg roll, and a slice of cake, the coffee really is better than Costa, and the food was perfect, great atmosphere, beautiful view, and lovely staff, what more could you ask for?