“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Torridon Sea Tours

Torridon Sea Tours
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Shieldaig
More attraction details
Owner description: Luxury sea tours deaparting daily from the picturesque village of Shieldaig.
London
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This was excellent. We did the 3 hour trip with 2 small children and had a fabulous afternoon. Cannot recommend this highly enough.

Kendal, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“highlight of my holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were staying in Shieldaig and decided we would like to go on one of the boat trips.
As I'm not a lover of being on water, I was in favour of the 1 1/2 hour morning trip thinking this would be plenty but my partner persuaded me to do the 3 hour afternoon one and I'm so glad that he did.
The trip cost us £45 and was amazing, the scenery spectacular and the owner was a mine of knowledge on the wildlife, geology etc of the place.
Unfortunately we didn't see much apart from seals and sea birds but this did not spoil the trip.
We were also served refreshments of a drink and delicious homemade cakes.
The 3 hours passed all too quickly and I'd enjoyed it so much I was tempted to book another one for the next day.
I can't recommend the trips highly enough.

1 Thank pppapopp
newcastle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“do not miss this experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

tried out shorter trip on Sunday 6 July to 'test the water' . our only upset was that we did not take longer trip!! kenny and family could not do enough to ensure we had fantastic experience. hopefully back in September and will certainly look forward to longer trip then. can't wait!!!!

Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Outstanding trip to the Isle of Rona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Having injured my knee, walking was out of the question so, while my wife and dog went up a hill together, I spent the day on a truly memorable trip out to the beautiful Isle of Rona, with skipper Kenny and his daughter Gemma, on their boat the Seaflower.

Torridon is very much about both the land and the sea and you get a totally different perspective on things by getting out on the water. I've previously been on one of their shorter trips so I knew that the service on board would be top-notch and, true to form, Kenny and Gemma were friendly, welcoming and very knowledgeable about the wildlife and all other aspects of their local area.

The trip started off with an explanation from Kenny of where we would be going and what wildlife we'd potentially see on the day. On the wildlife front we were particularly blessed. Just as we left Rona we saw a pair of Sea Eagles (thanks to Gemma's 'eagle' eyes...) but the real highlight, halfway across the Inner Sound, was the 20 minutes of entertainment provided by a pod of about 30 very playful dolphins. Breathtaking. Along the way we also saw much shyer porpoises, as well as seals, puffins, eider ducks and cormorants.

The hospitality on board is also excellent. On the way out to Rona, coffee or tea and Gemma's home baking is served and when you reach the island there's time to go exploring for a couple of hours before an amazing seafood lunch of hot smoked salmon, cold smoked salmon, langoustines, salad and bread and butter is served - with wine or soft drinks if you prefer.

Rona's Big Harbour is a stunning place to sit and eat and there are many good paths and vantage points on the island to allow you to work up an appetite before lunch. For lovers of good food it's also possible to buy and take home some locally produced Rona venison and, if you want to tell your friends and family what a great day you had, you can send them a postcard of Rona complete with Rona's own postage stamps.

Brilliant day out and worth every penny.

1 Thank fjmm
Somerset, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“If you do nothing else, do this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Went for the three hour afternoon trip.

The captain and crew were truly knowledgeable, and went through explanations of where we were, the flora and fauna, sea life and birds and even a lesson in Geology.

Admittedly, we had a good day (weather wise) but would fully endorse this as an excellent excursion and well worth the money.

Free refreshments (and cake and tablet were homemade!).

Would (and will) do it again in a heartbeat.

Visited June 2014