Just come back from this hotel after staying for a week on a shearings package holiday.
Good points..it is clean,staff are very polite,food is good,its very peaceful.
Overall it is great value for the money you are paying.
Bad points..It is very isolated,there is little entertainment on a night apart from the hotel artists.There is no pubs as such in walking distance.
Bar is not open till 5pm so if you are thirsty in the afternoon,its down to the one grocery shop in the village for cans.
95% of guests are over 60 a lot are 70 -80,so this type of hotel is probably for them,if you are young,or young at heart like my wife and i then don't go here,unless you have a car, or you may feel trapped.
For a nice change at dinner there is a hotel next to the Highland,(turn left up the hill,its 200 metres on the left) ,its called the Richmond Hotel,its full of locals who like to chat.They sell bar meals at reasonable prices.Obviously Shearings don't mention this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland