we have just returned from a 5 day coach holiday with Shearings. It was worth the journey for the beautiful scenery made even better by the mostly good weather. The food was very good and our waitress Betty was brilliant - service with a smile and cheery word every meal time.
Our room was very big and there was plenty of room for another chest of drawers which would have been useful as there seemed a shortage of storage space for clothes. Our bedroom was very warm and we didnt need the hot water bottles we had taken,but the public areas of the hotel seemed very cold - yes I know it was november and scotland is cold but you don't expect it that cold INSIDE. The hotel looked like it could do with a bit of tlc - scratched paint etc but it was all very clean. The cleanliness, service and food are what takes this up to very good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland