With three coach parties having spent 5days at the hotel I do agree with what some of the other residents had to say .However, there was a water problem and the guys were working day and night to rectify it as half of the village were affected.when it was on I made use of my hot water bottle . the room was of an average size but cold due to heating being luke warm ,floor boards very creeky which can get on your nerves abit. Waiter service at meal times, staff friendly,Enterainment was ok ,the bingo caller was very funny .
Although dated it was okish. but could do with a make over. yes it is geared to coach parties mainly the elderly on regular basis (it is this method that keeps hotels going ) but take heed the young get old sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland