Went on a shearings holiday, 11 hours journey from Midlands. This hotel was by far the best shearings hotel we have visited. Dark wood panels and tartan carpets and looked like an original Scottish hotel should look. Staff were all lovely. Had a refurbished room with no shower but always plenty of hot water for a relaxing bubble bath. Food was mostly good and waitresses very good.
Walks around hotel were lovely and so was the little town of Strathpeffer. Went on a trip round Loch Ness...nearly 50 mile round trip...just to see trees. Stopped at Fort Augustus to see the locks A long day out to see almost nothing. Paid to go on trip to Ullapool...that was worth the extra £10.
Didnt care much for the entertainment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland