Lovely Hotel with a lot of character, excellent food with good choice, friendly staff especially our waitress Betty, nothing was too much trouble for her. Room was very basic but spotlessly clean. If you can't survive without modern technology don't come here.The ancient portable tv could only receive 5 channels and wi fi didn't work anywhere in hotel. If you come to visit somewhere so beautiful It's nice to get away from it all. The evening entertainment consists of Bingo and the music caters for the more mature guests. This was a Shearings holiday and was very good value as there were trips to Inverness, Loch Ness, Fort Augustus, The Black Isles stopping off at Cromarty all included in price and Gary our driver was a fountain of knowledge with a very dry wit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland