Booked a last minute break with Shearings for 7 nights at the highland Hotel, Strathpeffer, the hotel public rooms were very pleasant, rooms a little tired I had a single which was a wee but small but can't complain as I got a good deal.
The staff really make this place and special mention must go to Michael and Victoria in the bar, always friendly and efficient and Marius in the restaurant.
I was on the half board package and must say that the breakfasts and the dinners were excellent so well done to the kitchen staff as well.
This was an ideal base for exploring the highlands with fabulous drives to Braemar, Ballater and Balmoral, John O'Groats, Gairloch, Ullapool and Isle of Skye all within easy reach and of course Loch Ness on your doorstep. Strathpeffer itself is also a very pleasant wee town with two excellent coffee shops!
Evening entertainment was fun as well.
All in all a great week, excellent value for money and yes I will be doing more trips with Shearings!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland