“Excellent food and service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tain
Carnegie Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Tain
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I visited Carnegie Lodge with my mum and , always hungry, son (17). I have been here before and it continues to provide excellent food, great service and a fine atmosphere helped by the outstanding view over Cromarty Firth. The portions are good and my son reached filling point . This is not an easy accomplishment! I will be back again, again and again!

Room Tip: Dont be put off by the location. Although just off the A9 you could think that you have made a wrong...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on my way from Ayr to Orkney. I thought I might be late and they were very accommodating. Friendly staff. Huge portions of food. Bedroom spotless and fruit and bottled water and chocolates provided. Great place!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Have just returned from a weekend spent here with my sister. This hotel and it's friendly staff lives up to the reviews. An initial mixup with the booking was quickly and smoothly rectified and we had a very comfortable 2 nights here. We had one of the 3 rooms in the house next door. Towels were changed each day and we had water, fruit and sweets provided in addition to the usual tea and coffee. We used it as a base for us to visit Caithness, with the superb views on the A9 north more spectacular than we had imagined.
My only problem with the hotel was that I couldn't do justice to the wonderful food. Not used to such big portions, coming from Edinburgh where portion sizes are much smaller. Everything we ate was very tasty and obviously homemade. The beef Stroganoff, with a brandy cream sauce was out of this world! An additional bonus was that the weather was lovely while we were there and sitting out on the decking with a cooling drink, looking over the Dornoch Firth, was pure bliss! My sister and I have already decided we will be back next May for our annual weekend away. This time we plan to tour the beautiful Black Isle while we are there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank marycEdinburgh
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

My husband, myself and friends planned a visit to Tain to visit Glenmorangie Distillery (which we thoroughly enjoyed) and as usual I checked Trip Advisor. We are so glad I booked Carnegie Lodge Hotel for two nights. When we arrived we were shown to our rooms which were spotless clean and it was lovely to have extras - fruit, biscuits, sweets and chocolate. the bed was harder than we are used to but we slept well. The food was amazing - the Dinner Menu had a huge choice and was well presented. The Alexander Salmon was delicious - compliments to the Chef. Breakfasts were excellent - again a huge choice.
All the staff were so friendly and nothing was too much bother. Robert has only been there for a few weeks but he went out of his way to make our evenings enjoyable.
Thank you to the owner Heather - you and Derek have worked hard to make the Hotel the success it is. We will certainly be back and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We usually eat here every couple of months and always enjoy the food, the place has lovely views and the owners and staff are always welcoming going out of their way to help every request.
The main meals are always delicious and served quickly, the desserts are huge and are a must.
Overall a lovely place to eat for couples/families/friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed in this hotel for weeks as was working in nigg, really nice owners, rooms were perfect.
The meals well what can I say? Absolutely brilliant think I went right through the menu and everything was excellent. Loved there breakfast,s Heinz baked beans just can't beat them lol.
Bar staff really nice and so helpfully, would recommend this hotel any day.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I was invited to a retirement party by a friend in Tain. As the venue was at the Carnegie Lodge Hotel, I booked a room as I was doing an over nighter. On arrival, I was welcomed and shown to my room by a member of staff. The room was outstanding and made me feel guilty as I booked it as a single but with the option as a double in the hope that my wife would be accompanying me, alas, no as we too had bookings for that night. After pre dinner drinks, our party of 26 were shown to the dining area and orders taken. The meal was excellent for quality and service...a well oiled, smooth machine. We later had post drinks in their very comfortable lounge area.
The following morning, a freshly cooked breakfast and I was ready for the journey home. On paying the bill, I was presented with the charge as a single, not double. I cannot thank Derek and Heather enough for their and their staffs professionalism.and look forward to any future venues. A big thank you for making me so welcome.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tain
Royal Hotel
#1 of 1 in Invergordon
Dornoch Hotel
Dornoch Hotel
#6 of 6 in Dornoch

Been to Carnegie Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!