“A wonderful wedding weekend”

Carnegie Lodge Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tain
Carnegie Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tain
Dalbeattie, United Kingdom
“A wonderful wedding weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Heather and Derek have a wonderful friendly approach to their guests,echoed by their staff,nothing was too much trouble,even lending my husband a pair of braces!!Food was excellent and plentiful throughout,and my nephew and his bride could not have asked for a more efficient,welcoming venue for their wedding.Our rooms were lovely,and well stocked with tea,biscuits,fresh fruit and chocolates,and a special mention to Derek for his endless hospitality and friendliness. We left feeling as if we'd never eat again after all the splendid meals.A real gem.Thank you

Room Tip: All romms we saw were of the same high standard
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kinross
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We had a lunch in Tain while on holiday in Portmahomack, myself husband and father. This was the best meal and service we had in the week we spent in Portmahomack. We ate out everyday but only wish we had found the Carnegie Lodge Hotel at the start of our holiday and not the second last day as we would have eaten at the Carnegie Lodge Hotel everyday no question! The meal was out of this world the service was terrific and as for the portions they were HUGE!. On our next trip to Tain we wont need to worry about where we will eat that's for sure. The owners should be very proud of the staff they employ and the establishment they run that's for sure.
Anyone who is looking for a brilliant meal and service look no more The Carnegie Lodge Hotel is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Morag S
North Berwick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I visited Carnegie Lodge with my mum and , always hungry, son (17). I have been here before and it continues to provide excellent food, great service and a fine atmosphere helped by the outstanding view over Cromarty Firth. The portions are good and my son reached filling point . This is not an easy accomplishment! I will be back again, again and again!

Room Tip: Dont be put off by the location. Although just off the A9 you could think that you have made a wrong...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on my way from Ayr to Orkney. I thought I might be late and they were very accommodating. Friendly staff. Huge portions of food. Bedroom spotless and fruit and bottled water and chocolates provided. Great place!

• Stayed June 2013
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Have just returned from a weekend spent here with my sister. This hotel and it's friendly staff lives up to the reviews. An initial mixup with the booking was quickly and smoothly rectified and we had a very comfortable 2 nights here. We had one of the 3 rooms in the house next door. Towels were changed each day and we had water, fruit and sweets provided in addition to the usual tea and coffee. We used it as a base for us to visit Caithness, with the superb views on the A9 north more spectacular than we had imagined.
My only problem with the hotel was that I couldn't do justice to the wonderful food. Not used to such big portions, coming from Edinburgh where portion sizes are much smaller. Everything we ate was very tasty and obviously homemade. The beef Stroganoff, with a brandy cream sauce was out of this world! An additional bonus was that the weather was lovely while we were there and sitting out on the decking with a cooling drink, looking over the Dornoch Firth, was pure bliss! My sister and I have already decided we will be back next May for our annual weekend away. This time we plan to tour the beautiful Black Isle while we are there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank marycEdinburgh
Falkirk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

My husband, myself and friends planned a visit to Tain to visit Glenmorangie Distillery (which we thoroughly enjoyed) and as usual I checked Trip Advisor. We are so glad I booked Carnegie Lodge Hotel for two nights. When we arrived we were shown to our rooms which were spotless clean and it was lovely to have extras - fruit, biscuits, sweets and chocolate. the bed was harder than we are used to but we slept well. The food was amazing - the Dinner Menu had a huge choice and was well presented. The Alexander Salmon was delicious - compliments to the Chef. Breakfasts were excellent - again a huge choice.
All the staff were so friendly and nothing was too much bother. Robert has only been there for a few weeks but he went out of his way to make our evenings enjoyable.
Thank you to the owner Heather - you and Derek have worked hard to make the Hotel the success it is. We will certainly be back and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break.

• Stayed May 2013
invergordon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We usually eat here every couple of months and always enjoy the food, the place has lovely views and the owners and staff are always welcoming going out of their way to help every request.
The main meals are always delicious and served quickly, the desserts are huge and are a must.
Overall a lovely place to eat for couples/families/friends.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tain
Morangie House Hotel
The Glenmorangie House
Kincraig Castle Hotel
Kincraig Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Invergordon

Been to Carnegie Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!