Native Scot touring with two American friends. This was the BEST stop of our trip without question.
Truly outstanding friendly and professional staff. David, our "factotum" gave us the warmest welcome and catered to our every need.
Served afternoon tea and dinner with introductions to whiskies, closed our rooms for bed while we had a superb dinner and made sure our after dinner lounge had a lovely fire roaring.
Breakfast served by Janet and Maggie who handled our reservations and made sure everything was to our satisfaction, and Manager Robert, all introduced themselves. This level of service and appropriately warm professional friendliness is outstanding.
Thank you all for giving guests to this magnificent part of the world a memorable stopover.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the unspoilt shores of the Dornoch Firth and nestled amongst the ruins of an old castle this 17th century house is both luxurious and intimate. With everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel, but with the warmth and personality of a country house party, this really is a special place to come and experience the rugged beauty of the highlands.Take a walk along the beach, play a round of golf, visit our distillery and then head back to the house to enjoy award winning food sourced from our own kitchen garden, a surrounding farm or the sea; a quick 200 yard dash down a tree lined path.Glenmorangie House holds the prestigious Michelin Hotel Guide single ‘Red House’ symbol – one of only nine in Scotland. It has also been awarded two Red Rosettes for its food from the AA hotel inspection service and three Red Stars and a red rocking chair for its exceptional accommodation and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Glenmorangie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glenmorangie House Hotel Tain
- The Glenmorangie House Tain, Scotland