“Excellent B&B and lovely hosts”

Dunbius Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Tain B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed one night at Dunbius Guest house. Kelvin and Carol are wonderful hosts and gave us a very friendly welcome so we felt like home. The room was very comfortable and clean with a beautiful view at the North Sea. Breakfast is really good and plenty. Thank you for your helpful tips concerning dolphin watching. We saw them on the next day. On our next Scotland trip we will come back to Dunbius.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dunbius Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Very nice and clean en-suite room. The breakfast is very good and you have a realy nice view while eating it!! Kelvin and Carole are very kind and have some great tips for your trip!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2012

After travelling to Aberdeen from Australia to attend a family wedding, our plans were to travel around Scotland but found that accommodation on the Jubilee weekend was hard to find. Our stay in Tain was a very pleasant surprise and especially our B&B Dunbius House. Kelvin and Carole were lovely hosts, the room was clean, comfortable and spacious enough. Breakfasts were delicious and beautifully presented. Our hosts were only too pleased to advise points of interest in and around Tain and contributed to our favourable impression of the area. From Tain we had easy day trips to Loch Ness and John O'Groats. We would thoroughly recommend this establishment to other travellers

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Thank you for your lovely review, and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
As with all our other reviewers we will be sending you a more private and personal thank you note. Hope you enjoyed the races!

Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way to Orkney. Our room was really comfortable with everything we could possibly need as well as a lovely view from our bedroom window! At the time of booking I had mentioned that the trip was a surprise for my husband's birthday and so Carole and Kelvin had put up a birthday banner in the dining room and placed a candle in his breakfast black pudding! I had a lovely 'special' breakfast with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs (my favourite!). We took their advice on where to have dinner and were not disapponted. I would highly recommend this guest house to anyone without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We stayed in this B&B for one night in May 2012 on our way home from Orkney. It is a really nice place to stay in Tain (which was chosen at random as it was vaguely on our route but was a nice little town). We got a very friendly welcome (the owners are great), a lovely room and an excellent breakfast. The specials board is a great idea too, even though it probably means everyone in the room is having a different breakfast, from a guests point of view it was brilliant. It was a very nice stay and I would recommend this B&B to anyone staying in Tain.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Even though we only spent one night with Carole and Kelvin, we will never forget their hospitality, their beautiful, ideally located Guest house and their delicious breakfast. Our rooms were beautifully decorated, clean, full of amenities. Carole's smile and helpful advice made our trip easier. I recommend Dunbius Guest house to everybody travelling around the east coast and need a relaxing, warm place to stay. Thank you for everything! Jenny

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Firstly I have just come onto tripadvisor to review this B&B and would just like to say how surprised I was to read the last review and wanted to tell everyone that we did not experience this 'interesting welcome'.
My husband was cycling from Lands’ End to John O Groats and this was his last overnight accommodation before completing the challenge. I caught up with my husband just before Tain and went ahead to the accommodation to check in before he arrived. When arriving I realised that I was earlier than the 4pm book in but was prepared to wait, however Kelvin was on the drive and welcomed my arrival before my husband turned up. A very warm and pleasant welcome.
The room was lovely and clean and there was cake in the room on arrival to accompany the tea and coffee facilities. Chickens pecking up and down the garden were a lovely sight from the ground floor room.
Kelvin & Carole stored my husband cycle, kept his drinks cold in their fridge and even dried out his cycling top so that it was dry for the following day - what more could you ask?
The breakfasts in the morning were fab and Carole accommodated our vegetarian requests with ease. We asked for more toast and received it without a question. In fact the breakfast set me up for the day and was more than adequate. The view from the breakfast room was amazing and at the time of looking out it was dry.
Unfortunately when it was time for my husband to leave on the last leg of the challenge the heavens opened and I would like to apologise to Kelvin and Carol for bring wet feet into their clean hallway whilst we were setting up the bike.
All in all a very lovely place to stay and I would thoroughly recommend this Guest House.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marshgate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tain
Morangie House Hotel
The Glenmorangie House
Dornoch Castle Hotel
Dornoch Castle Hotel
#2 of 6 in Dornoch

Been to Dunbius Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!