Mansfield Castle Hotel
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstower suitedining roomlovely castleprivate accessstunning placeroom was clean and comfortablegreat service and foodjacuzzi tubreal castlecoast triplovely surprisean upgradelovely nightan absolute gemroom was largesister hotelenjoyed our stay
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with friends from America the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful the rooms were beautiful and comfy had a great night sleep. loved the jacuzzi and the breakfast was delicious. would recommend this to anyone. Did i mention the place is beautiful

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I booked 2 rooms for Saturday 25th May- the room allocated were the Haakon for my husband and I and the Arabella for my 87 year old mum. We arrived late on Saturday night after a family party. My mum was nervous about managing the stiff lock on her bedroom door in the event of a fire and being slightly taller than average, my hubby and I were disappointed by the small double bed in the huge Haakon suite. The large brown stain on the Haakon window drapes was also bit off-putting. We went down to breakfast on Sunday morning at 9.50am, a little the worse for wear, to be told breakfast was no longer being served - poor considering we paid £95 and £160 respectively for our rooms and hadn't been warned about the breakfast hours during our late check in. We retreated to the Carnegie Lodge Hotel where other relatives were staying and the Manageress there fixed us 3 gorgeous cooked breakfasts.

I can overlook artificial plants adorning bedroom fireplaces and funky decor but refusing to serve breakfast after 9.30am on a Sunday morning??? Well sorry Mansfield Castle but COME ON!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank rosamund1
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Staying in a castle in Scotland was on the top of our travel musts. Since we wanted to tour the Glenmorangie distillery, it fit in perfect. The house was very impressive walking in. The dining room to the right looked cozy and the bar to the left inviting. The large staircase looked promising. We checked in and found that they were fully booked. The couple in front of us didn't like their room, so the front desk put them in a different room. This room change worked great for my friend's parents. They were "upgraded" to the Tower Suite. My friend and I were shown to our room up the staircase and down two sets of stairs. This was very disappointing. We were in room #25 in the addition. I would have to say that this was almost the worst room outside of a budget hotel that I have ever stayed in. I even swear there were what looked to be blood stains on the wallpaper. (I do have photos). The view was of overgrown grass, a large propane tank and a storage shed. The bed was very comfortable I must say. The only bright side was that it was for only one night, and that we were so close to the emergency exit accross from the kitchen, so we didn't have to carry our luggage back up and down all of the stairs. We could roll out to the parking lot. The Tower Suite was wonderful, and maybe the other rooms in the main house were too. Would not stay here again if the only option were rooms in the addition. This section would benefit greatly from a remodel. Other rooms had whirpool baths and double sinks? Wow. Would have loved that, and I bet I paid the same price for my room. Breakfast however was really good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Misty M
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Back in March, I stayed here with my fiancee after he surprised me with a vacation for just us to get away from work and everything going on around us that wasn't pleasant. I had the best stay and time at this hotel!
The place was very clean and welcoming, the staff were always very friendly and polite. Our waitress was amazing, I cannot commend her enough! She was truly interested in our stay and what we were doing/where we were from... ect. Often you can tell the faked interest from someone, but hers was truly genuine. She had a great conversation with us about Canada, she'd visited before, very interesting!
Super place, would love to visit Scotland and very there again!.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lexa_xo
Reviewed 14 May 2013

on our arrival at Mansfield Castle we both thought it was very strange that it is in the middle of a housing estate, but we are now thinking it wouldn't always have been like that back in the day. ?
We thought it was a great hotel, we had a very large bedroom facing the front we didnt have much of view as looking on to a school, but lovely room with tea, coffee, hot chocolate ect,we also had a very large bathroom which was great.
the food was lovely as we had the dinner at night which we thought it was not over priced, in the morning there was a great choice for breakfast our choice was the lovley cooked breakfast which set us up for the day.
I would go back to this castle / hotel.

Room Tip: We had the room facing the school which was at the front of the hotel a very large room as was the bathroom, if you want to be picky about this hotel the front drive could do with a clear up and get rid of the old patio chairs and table just to the left of the entrance. We had booked the excecutive room which we did enquire if we got the correct room or not only a minor thing as there was no cherry or cuddly toy in the room which it does say on the web site was all part of the more expesive room. We found all the staff very helpful the food was great both dinner and breakfast and not over priced. We will stay here again if ever back in the area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple