“This Hotel is a MUST VISIT”
Review of The Torridon

The Torridon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Torridon
Reviewed 12 February 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a group of friends and my 6 month old baby this month. It is the most wonderful weekend I have had in a long time. The staff were outstanding and could not have been more attentive and helpful especially in catering for the needs of my daughter. The attention to detail was second to none, we could not have been looked after better.

The owners organised for our group to eat separately in the library which was perfect as we could enjoy ourselves without worrying about upsetting the other guests. Each night we had a five course meal which I can honestly say was the best food I have enjoyed in a long time. Canapés were served in the drawing room in front of the fire which was so cosy. The food was outstanding and beautifully presented. A special mention goes to the hand dived scallops with cauliflower puree, pickle reduction and wild rocket.

My room was huge and had an amazing view of the loch and the friendly highland cows! It was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The bathroom was fab with a huge roll top bath and a wonderful power shower. I loved the Molton Brown miniatures and my daughter snuggled up each night in the cot provided with her complimentary Highland cow.

Nothing was too much trouble and the owners organised for a health and beauty therapist to accommodate our group. I had a fantastic Swedish Massage which released a lot of tension. On the Saturday night our group was able to participate in a whisky tasting session in the amazing whisky bar which has over 350 varieties of whisky to choose from. It was great fun!

I would really recommend making the effort to visit this hotel. Our group could have not been made more welcome and even travelling with a baby was made relatively easy. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 February 2010

Spectacular location, the contrast between the warmth and friendliness of the hotel and the stark landscape only adds to the winter experience. This really is the place to chill out in front of log fires with adram in your hand and a book to fall asleep with.
The housekeeping is of the highest standard and the food is if anything even better than the already very high standard, with a special mention to the pastry chef.
The management cannot do enough for you but in a quiet professional manner which is not intrusive. This is like having your own highland sporting lodge without the hastle.
It may seem a long way in the winter but as each mile passes the anticipation simply becomes stronger .

1  Thank Pluscarden
Reviewed 19 January 2010

We had a first class stay at the Torridon. A very warm welcome, excellent and personal service, wonderful food and very comfortable accommodation made it a perfect combination.
It is a little out of the way but well worth the journey.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2010

We struggled up the country, through blizzards and tretcherous road conditions for our annual hogmannay trip to The Torridon. It was well worth the trip! The Torridon's ledgendry hospitality cannot be eclipsed in our opinion. The constant upgrading of rooms and public rooms is fantastic, tasteful, oppulent and uptodate without spoiling the architecture of this lochside Victorian shooting lodge. The views from our room (3), across the loch to the mountains covered in snow were breathtaking.

There is a new chef, late of The Samling on Windermere. Excellent menu and as always, the freshest of Highland produce. We were very impressed and thought the food had improved, if this was possible. There is also a new patisserie chef who also deserves a mention, truly delicious desserts!

We enjoyed a wonderful Hogmannay celebration night complete with piper, banquet, fireworks and dancing. Excellent fun!

Can't wait for our next trip!

Reviewed 18 January 2010

Cross the threshold and leave the outside world to it`s own devices.Sit and wonder at the beauty of the surrounding landscape or partake of the excellent food and wine on offer,served by caring,attentive and very pleasant staff.If you feel more energetic,engage in some of the many activities on offer and return to the Whisky Bar to recover.We have done this many times over the last twenty years and never been disappointed once,the latest being at Hogmanay this year.The entire three days were superb and left us feeling we were leaving something special behind,but not for long,we will be back in February with the rest of the family.

Reviewed 6 January 2010

I had to write a review as I can't believe that there are negative ones on here! I have been here 3 times and its an amazing hotel. My parents have stayed here about 6 times. And we keep coming back year after year. I have stayed in a superior room and the cottage twice. Both are lovely. Stocked with Molten Brown accessories, big fluffy towels and dressing gowns, tea and coffee, bottled water, fruit. You even get a choice of bedding.
We went for my parents Pearl Wedding anniversary two years back with family and friends and had a wonderful stay. We were a party of 11 and we were looked after extremely well as we always are.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. Collen and Robert are always very friendly and helpful, giving tips on places to visit, even giving great ideas for places that are accessible to my father who is in a wheelchair.
I usually stay in the cottage with our dog, who is also made very welcome, he gets a doggy bag after breakfast and dinner!
The food is the best I have ever had. I have never had a bad meal there. And they will cater for your needs. Most definitly is fine dining.
Have done some actvities there, archery and clay pigeon shooting, both very enjoyable and there are loads more activities to do there. And the walks and views around the hotel are beautiful.
I feel really at home when I stay here and hate leaving. Can't wait to return!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank Tweetiebird35
DanRB, Owner at The Torridon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2010

It is always a pleasure to receive good reviews and positive feedback as it lets us know that we are doing the right things here at Torridon. We know we cannot please all of the people all of the time but we will always certainly try. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Regards, Daniel & Rohaise

Reviewed 3 December 2009

We stayed one night on a whim, had driven past this beautiful shooting lodge several times. The welcome we got was lovely, a cold winters day but a warm inviting wood burning fire and tea and banana and walnut loaf. Dinner was exceptional, but what is unrivalled is the location, one of the most beautiful places in scotland.
Our room was not the biggest, but we did book last-minute on a busy weekend, but it is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, with a great view of the highland cattle from the window.
Can't wait to go back, this is the hotel every other will be compared to...

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank binniemini
DanRB, Owner at The Torridon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, especially such a positive one. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and know that he has to live up to the excellent location we are situated in. If you return, I hope we can offer you one of our larger bedrooms to try. Kind regards, Daniel & Rohaise

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torridon
Shieldaig Lodge
#1 of 1 in Achnasheen
Poolewe Hotel
Poolewe Hotel
#1 of 1 in Poolewe

Been to The Torridon? Share your experiences!