“Laid back (and attentive) at Leraback”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foula
Leraback Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Foula B&B and Inns
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Laid back (and attentive) at Leraback”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Foula has a character all its own and Leraback provides the ideal accommodation to complement; this is an opportunity to get a real feel for how the Island functions. Tourism Board categorisation doesn't really work here - it's simply a 5* experience. Facilities are all comfortable and Bryan ensures you have all you need to enjoy your stay including his local knowledge, a fascinating film archive and insights into 'Island society'. Thanks, Bryan - and Bess, Jess, the cats and Bonxie Bob.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank charlie_leventon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I first heard about Foula from a work colleague who described it as a "raw but lovely wee island" so I decided to have my fifty first birthday on the island. I loved my week at Leraback with the very colourful Mr Taylor. My work colleague did the island something of a dis service as it's absolutely beautiful. The rooms at Leraback are rustic and comfortable and the meals provided by Mr Taylor were wholesome and well prepared.
If you are looking for a place to kick back and get away from it all then give Foula a try. I opted to travel to the island by boat, this was not a great idea as I'm not the greatest of sailors. However the ubiquitous Mr Taylor is also the man on the boat. This reminded me of Local Hero a little bit. So a big thumbs up from me.

Room Tip: I took the first offered as they all seemed much of a much. Basic but clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank 694ever
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed at leraback for 2 nights as part of a BBC production on Foula, the accommodation is top notch with Brian providing fantastic home cooking with a fountain of local knowledge, rooms were very clean and it was a pleasure to stay at the Leraback..

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Paterson586
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I was happy there was a place to stay at Foula. I stayed for 18 days to make my documentary and without the help from Bryan I could not do it. Every evening he made me local specialties and in the morning a good breakfast to get me started. His lovely dogs make you feel welcome and you can do as you wish or prefer. I felt more home than any hotel I have stayed in and I hope he will continue the Bed and Breakfast in the future. Thanks Bryan!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Walletshaker
Lerwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed at Leraback in February with some work colleagues and found the place cosy and inviting. Brian turned up at the airport to greet us and we were handed a set of car keys and a vehicle to get around.
Don't expect a five star hotel - this is a working house, on an isolated island in farmland. The rooms are simple and clean - everything you need for a good relaxing break after a day of exploring this amazing island.

Brian was a pleasure to stay with and a great character who had loads of local knowledge about the place, and he even treated us to watching the Ferry get winched into the harbour on our final morning.
We were cooked some great meals and a hearty breakfast which kept us going for the whole day!

Heading back to Foula this week and cant wait!

Chris.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Chris G
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This was a long awaited visit to Foula and sad to say we were sorely disappointed with the accommodation and facilities which were way below even an average standard of cleanliness and catering. Please do not visit here as the owner is obviously unable to provide the most basic of services at this current time. We discussed this complaint with the owner at the time so this review should not come as a surprise to him. We left the place as soon as we could. This meant we had to cut short our plans to explore this lovely isolated island as there is no other available accommodation on the island ( at least not advertised) . Previous reviews on this site was favourable so we will not find it hard to believe any further reviews.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
14 Thank 995Bonxie
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed 11 September 2012

we have been at marion & bryan's B&B two times, the first back in 1997 and then this summer with our daughter. Foula is really a special place and so is Leraback. Marion is an excellent cook and the house is really comfortable. Unfortunately our English is not so good so we were not able to fully enjoy Marion's knowledge about the island ... but she is a really nice woman and the welcome is wonderful. Even when the weather is bad, Foula is a magic place and the stay at Leraback is worth the trip. Thanks Marion & Bryan, we hope we will be back again soon

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank luisa p
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foula
Glen Orchy Guest House
#2 of 3 in Scalloway
Eddlewood Guest House
Eddlewood Guest House
#6 of 12 in Lerwick

Been to Leraback Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!