Stayed here for 4 nights on business in July 2006. A little eccentric & a string of minor annoyances spoilt the stay although nothing desperately bad about the place.....
- My first night was the Sunday night of the World Cup final. Now I can't stand soccer & the bar had the game on TV & was a bit lively to say the least - not what I wanted. I asked to have dinner in the lounge (as advertised as an option normally) & the lady rather grudgingly agreed & offered me a pretty basic choice (scampi & chips, haddock & chips, chilli - you know the sort of thing).
- I had to order what I wanted for breakfast & at what time each night before. A bit unusual for a hotel. Breakfasts were OK though.
- The chair leg in my room was about to collapse - it was replaced when I reported it.
- The radiator mysteriouisly stopped working during my stay. Again it was fixed (tourists please note that it can be a bit chilly in Shetland even in July).
- I did eat in the bar another night & the salt pot was empty. Not a big thing but symptomatic of the whole place - nothing really badly wrong but a lot of things not quite right.
Room was OK but not brilliant. I had a twin en suite as single occupancy for £40 per night B&B.
Great views from the room, bar & lounge & situated right in the middle of mainland Shetland near Tingwall & not too far from Lerwick. A good place to eat is the nearby Herrislea House Hotel in Tingwall.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn On The Hill At Westings Whiteness, Shetland Islands