“Westings Inn, Shetland” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn on the Hill at Westings

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whiteness
The Inn on the Hill at Westings
Ranked #2 of 2 Whiteness B&B and Inns
Scotland
“Westings Inn, Shetland”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2006

Stayed here for 4 nights on business in July 2006. A little eccentric & a string of minor annoyances spoilt the stay although nothing desperately bad about the place.....

- My first night was the Sunday night of the World Cup final. Now I can't stand soccer & the bar had the game on TV & was a bit lively to say the least - not what I wanted. I asked to have dinner in the lounge (as advertised as an option normally) & the lady rather grudgingly agreed & offered me a pretty basic choice (scampi & chips, haddock & chips, chilli - you know the sort of thing).
- I had to order what I wanted for breakfast & at what time each night before. A bit unusual for a hotel. Breakfasts were OK though.
- The chair leg in my room was about to collapse - it was replaced when I reported it.
- The radiator mysteriouisly stopped working during my stay. Again it was fixed (tourists please note that it can be a bit chilly in Shetland even in July).
- I did eat in the bar another night & the salt pot was empty. Not a big thing but symptomatic of the whole place - nothing really badly wrong but a lot of things not quite right.

Room was OK but not brilliant. I had a twin en suite as single occupancy for £40 per night B&B.

Great views from the room, bar & lounge & situated right in the middle of mainland Shetland near Tingwall & not too far from Lerwick. A good place to eat is the nearby Herrislea House Hotel in Tingwall.

8 Thank RealTony

Travellers are raving about these Whiteness hotels

1 review from our community

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whiteness
Scalloway Hotel
#3 of 6 in Lerwick
Busta House Hotel
Busta House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Busta

Been to The Inn on the Hill at Westings? Share your experiences!