“Mmmmm-mmmmm !!!”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Family Style Restaurant open from 6am - 9 pm seven days a week. Speciallizing in Country Cooking. Have a Salad bar, Buffet, Full Menu for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner along with homemade rolls and homemade desserts.
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

The buffet here is good. Many plates from the menu rock! I like their chili and grilled cheese. They nail home cooking right on the head here.

Prices are good, waitresses friendly and attentive, and the management takes notice of you.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

A few months ago I wrote a scathing review about the Hearth restaurant, mainly because of its "dismal" decor and long food wait times. I went again Dec 20th, 2013 for breakfast and things were better.
They had finally updated somewhat. There had been a remodel done, and now the walls are not so dull, as well as the ceiling tiles are all the same color. The salad bar looked nice...a vast improvement from last time and the windows were actually clean. The food was good as well as the service. However, the food service times are still not acceptable. I had to wait almost an hour for pecan pancakes and sausage! (although the place was much fuller than my last visit)

Overall, they were better than my last visit but there is still much room for improvement.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My family and I were in town and we stopped at the Hearth for lunch upon recommendation of one of the locals... and it was delicious! We all got the buffet for $7.99 per person. The salad selection was HUGE, but not much selection otherwise. However, the hot food they did have was delicious and everything was so fresh and hot. Fried chicken, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, veggies... and for dessert there was the freshest banana pudding I've ever had along with an assortment of cakes, cookies, and cobblers. The rolls the server brought to the table were amazing! The service was great, my drink was never empty. I will definitely return.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I have ate at the Hearth many times and every time it is the same experience. The reason is they have not updated anything since the 80's. Yellowed walls, dusty fixtures...you get the picture. The service is good, however the food time is bad. Plus when you finally get your food, it is usually underwhelming.
In a nutshell: The Hearth is a truck stop diner, pretending to be a upscale restaurant.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We only wanted a hot bowl of soup & boy, did they ever deliver! Homemade and served with cornbread. Very good and tasty. Good service. We will be back when in the area.