“Fabulous Easter holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Entrance hall Fully fitted kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Entrance hall
Fully fitted kitchen
Fully equipped kitchen
Ground floor bedroom with small double and single beds
Family bathroom on ground floor
downstairs bathroom
Stand alone bath in family bathroom on ground floor
Sitting room
En suite shower room with wc
Double room first floor with ensuite shower room and wc
Twin room on first floor with ensuite shower room and wc
King size bed with ensuite shower room on first floor
En suite shower room with wc  to double bedroom
En suite to twin room
Upstairs hallway
Super king bed on 2nd floor with en suite shower room and wc
sunset
Beautiful Troon beach
Hot tub installed March 2018
Rear fully enclosed garden with decked area, hot tub and grassed area.
Rear garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Malcolm H
“Fabulous Easter holiday”
Reviewed 30 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Visited for Easter weekend and had a wonderful time. The house was fantastic, clean and tidy and very well equipped. We appreciated the bottle of wine and milk left for us in the fridge. There is also a well stocked larder with herbs,spices and sauces which was very welcome for cooking our Easter Sunday dinner of roast lamb in the large stove.

The newly installed hot tub was well maintained and there were towels and plastic glasses to use with it also.

Edith who met us was very helpful and friendly and even gave us her phone number should we have any problems

The property is very handy for beach, town and golf.

We have booked for next year. Can’t wait to go back!!

1 Jun 2018
Many thanks for your lovely comments. Do come again

cherylwil...
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Disappointing response to direct e-mail, hoping to avoid this review!”
Reviewed 24 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
people found this review helpful

Copy of dialogue with Evelyn Mcneil :
Dear Evelyn,

Thank you for letting me communicate directly with you.

We throughly enjoyed staying at your house in Troon. It was an ideal location and big enough to accommodate our family comfortably.
There are a few things that we would like to mention though that we found disappointing. Edith was very friendly and showed me round,
explained to my husband how the boiler worked and that the hot tub had been cleaned out the day before and pointed out where the
instructions were.

After Edith left and we unloaded the car we noticed things that we wouldn’t expect having paid a fairly high price for three nights. All
the carpets looked as if they had not been vacuumed and the kitchen floor and worktops were dirty and sticky. My daughter and I spent
2 Hours cleaning. This was obviously not what we wanted to be doing after an 8 hour car journey. The hoover bag got so full that we had to empty it and we discovered a sparkle in the kitchen
floor that had not been there on arrival. The water from washing the floor was muddy brown, horrible. Edith did explain that the chap
cleaning the hot tub had made the kitchen floor dirty but I still think if you are expecting paying guests everywhere should be pristine
even if workmen have been in. I was glad that there were two fridges as the one with food in did not look at all inviting.There were half
jars and bags of stuff even a small amount of baby milk in a carton. Both the freezers looked as if they needed defrosting, I did point
these things out to Edith when we handed in the key.The pull out larder cupboard was just a jumble of things. There were crumbs on
and around the toaster and a dirty puddle under the bread bin, which I moved over to another worktop. We just felt that we had to wash
everything before we could use it. The dishwasher still had dishes in it, the tablet had not dissolved properly so the dishes inside were not clean. We also felt that we had to wash all the cutlery and crockery before using them
The cooker hood was greasy, we didn’t clean that. We chose not to use either the dishwasher or cooker.

When I spoke to Edith she did explain that this is only a “part time” let and that the family often stay. That, she explained was why there
was all this food in the cupboards, coins and spectacles in the bedside drawers, clothes in the cupboards and a dirty dressing gown
hanging in one of the bathrooms. I don’t imagine that you have used all the showers in the house but the master bedroom ensuite takes
ages to drain as does the one at the top of the stairs on the right. I told Edith about these also, probably just need the drain holes cleaned out.
Having said all that, the bedding was clean and the beds comfortable.

It felt to me that you are quite new to the “letting” business so although this is not a nice e-mail I hope that it will be helpful. It would be
good to have a folder with contact details for you and Edith along with Doctor’s, Dentist and emergency services in the area. A list of
restaurants and takeaways would be good, maybe Taxi numbers too. The local paper that Edith kindly left for us was more for local trades
rather than being useful for visitors. It would also have been nice to have a spare set of keys so that individual families could come and
go without having to arrange to meet.

We are seasoned travellers and much prefer self catering but do expect a high standard of cleanliness. We feel that we left your house
in a much better condition than we found it.

I have chosen to write to you rather than the letting company because I would like you take my comments as constructive. However, I would ask that you refund the cleaning charge and suggest that a partial refund of the letting fee would be appreciated. We would like to be able to book your house again next time we have a family event in the area.

Dear Cheryl

I am extremely sorry that you found the house to be in need of a clean but I do wish you had called me when you found things not to your liking as I would have arranged for cleaners to attend and put things right.

As an AA 4 star silver award-winning hotelier I have never had these comments in any of my establishments and I will investigate the matter thoroughly.

We provide two sets of keys which seems to be adequate for our guests and we always give out both mine and Edith’s mobile numbers. Taxi numbers are available on cards on the hall table.

As for the food in the fridge and larder - our guests usually welcome this as they do not wish to purchase their own sauces, herbs and spices and find it a bonus that we provide such things. We do hope that you enjoyed the complimentary wine left especially for you.

As most people nowadays have a smartphone and can access the internet, there is little need for leaflets to clutter up the hallway - much easier as everything you need to know is online!

Price-wise we are on a par or cheaper than similar sized properties in the area but there are cheaper properties also which may suit your budget better.

Wishing you all the best

Dear Evelyn,

Thank you for your most unsatisfactory reply. You have not answered any of the points in my e-mail

1. Where would we have gone after a very long journey whilst you got cleaners in? It is your responsibility to prepare the house for our arrival.

2. We were not offered two sets of keys and when I asked about a spare set Edith said we could take the back door keys so long as we could reach over the gate to fasten / unfasten the bolt.

3. Food in the larder is a wonderful thing and most welcome but not half open packets and jars of stuff jumbled into the cupboards. What were we going to do with left over baby milk? The complimentary wine was a nice touch but Edith had to bring it the day after we arrived.

4. My e-mail was sent as a constructive response to our dissatisfaction at the cleanliness we found when we arrived at your house. A request to refund the cleaning charge and suggest that a gesture be made for our inconvenience at having to vacuum throughout, wash floors, work surfaces, crockery and cutlery was totally ignored.

5. How rude, arrogant and unprofessional of you to imply that your property was beyond our means.

I shall now forward our e-mail exchange to Holiday Lettings / Trip Advisor, together with the photographs that were taken.

Cheryl Wilyman

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
25 May 2018
After the lovely in-house review I received from this guest I was surprised to receive the lengthy email.

Any of my guests can contact me directly as I always give out my mobile number and if there is a problem I will endeavour to remedy it at the time. Unfortunately, I was not given the opportunity to see the nature of the complaint and only have the guest ‘s word for it. Had the guest called me immediately I would have bent over backwards to accommodate their every need but alas I was left in the dark until after the guest had left.

We do try to please everyone but I think this is an example of not being able to.
VictoriaR...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely house and helpful owners”
Reviewed 26 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We were staying in Troon over a weekend for a work event that was taking place. I found the house online and it was perfect as it has 6 bedrooms and we were 6 work colleagues.

The check-in process was very easy, we were met by the owners sister who showed us all around the house and made sure we knew where everything was. Edith was so lovely, friendly and helpful and couldn't have done more to make us feel welcomed to the house.

The bedrooms were bright and airy and the beds were very comfortable. It was even better with all but one bedroom having an en suite. There is a hot tub out the back as well which was nice to make use of that.

The only downside to our stay at the house was that we weren't able to stay longer.

I would recommend the house to anyone who is looking for a break down on the Ayrshire coast. The location is fantastic as it is only a short walk to the beach and town centre as well as being a short walk to the train station for any day trips.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
26 Apr 2018
Many thanks for your wonderful comments

Regards

Edith and Evelyn
Reviewed 11 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

13 Apr 2018

Evelyn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing