“Loved it!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Troon
fife
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed overnight on a deal which included dinner on Saturday 16/11. Had a fantastic time. Booked several months ago but changed the booking recently as appeared on an itison deal. Hotel fantasic in helping me change to the deal and keep my room request for the master suite.

I never said at time of booking it was to booked to celebrate our engagement, proposed en route to hotel.

Room was fantastic. Bed huge and comfy and bathroom was amazing. Jet bath and great shower.

Food was also very good. With it being the deal it was a set menu but the choiced was more than enough for us. Breakfast was very good also, freshly cooked and good quality. Only down side was the restaurant was extremely hot both for dinner and breakfast. Not the most comfortabel way to enjoy and otherwise good meal.

We will be back as really enjoyed it and would like to spend somemore time there.

Room Tip: Cant fault the master suite, think it was 2009 (Tom Watson room)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely room and food was excellent. Restaurant extremely hot. Had to go out and get some air between courses as so hot. Piped music in the corridors was annoying and started around 8am. Too bad if you like to lie in as it is audible in your bedroom

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank terry156
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have just read the previous review and can't believe we stayed at the same hotel. As we have relatives in the in the village we have stayed at Old Loans in the past and have always been delighted with the accommodation and the service. At the beginning of this month we were back again for a family wedding. The greeting at reception was good, the room (as usual) was immaculate (including the complimentary apples and water) and the evening meal was superb. I must mention that I had the Teriyaki Salmon and would eat that again any day of the week. The dish included courgette. I am not a fan of courgette but it tasted so lovely that I asked the chef how it was prepared and he was kind enough to tell me! All the staff are attentive and efficient. On the morning that we left family members were coming for coffee to say goodbye and as we were in the lounge early we were offered 'breakfast coffee' which would have been part of our breakfast. Great service, thank you. We would recommend this hotel to anyone but slightly worried that it may become so popular we can't get booked!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
gill_campbell, Manager at Old Loans Inn, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for your fantastic comments, as a regular visitor to The Old Loans Inn you will know we strive to offer the best in service, standards and customer care. I will pass your comments to our team.
Glasgow
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed in the hotel last year and absolutely loved it, so when a deal came up again we jumped at the chance of going back but now wish we hadn't bothered. Part of our deal was fresh fruit and water on arrival this turned out to be 2 apples and small bottle of water in the room. The bedroom was clean and nicely decorated, however it was velux windows in the room therefore we could only open them a fraction and coudln't see anything apart from the car park. We headed to the bar in the afternoon which was quite pleasant for a couple of drinks, however in the evening after dinner it was really quiet, no atmosphere and emptied pretty early.

Dinner was what made this trip very disappointing, and the difference between this year and last years visit was like night & day. We had a limited menu to choose from, which I hadn't realised and there was only one vegetarian option for both starter and main course which I think is unacceptable. I didn't like the option available, so after some discussion with the waitress they agreed that I could choose from 2 other options from the main menu. The meal that turned up was bland and a mush of vegetables, bit of pastry, dolloped on top of mashed potatoes...........unappetising to say the least. My partners burger, was as dry as dust, and accompanied by a cup of approximately 6 or 7 chips which he did say were tasty however could have done with more. On the plus side, we both had profiteroles for dessert which were lovely. Another plus point was the restaurant manager who was very pleasant and understanding about our grumbles.

Was hoping that breakfast would rescue our trip, sadly that wasn't to be either. My partners cooked breakfast was average, nothing to write home about. My poached eggs were undercooked, and raw egg white at 9am in the morning is quite disgusting.....I would have informed the waiting staff however no-one came to ask if everything was ok, so didn't have a chance.

All in all, disappointing overnight stay, and definately feel that things have gone downhill in the last 12 months. Hopefully it'll get better and back to the way it was last year, but we won't be back to find out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
As a previous visitor to The Old Loans Inn, you will know the standards we deliver. Our menus have changed for this current promotion and I am sorry you were disappointed with the selection, but glad that our team could offer your alternatives from our main menu.

We strive to offer good value at a time when our business costs have increased.
Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner recently stayed here for out anniversary finding a fantastic deal online. We were delighted at the deal we got but even more delighted when we got to old loans. The hotel is lovely its nice inside and the room was fantastic, nice and clean and beautifully laid out. Loved everything. The roof top terrace was great and I imagine would be lovely in summer.
I really was blown away at how nice it was and how friendly the staff were. I will 100% be back.
I thoroughly recommend staying here

Also if you get the chance eat in the restraunt. I am typically fussy when it comes to my food and it was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Top marks to the chefs. The waiting staff could not have been more helpful aswell

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed celebrating your anniversary at The Old Loans Inn, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were visiting family nearby so location was perfect for us. Room was clean and spacious and bathroom, spotless and modern. I am not always the easiest to please but I found this breakfast the best I have had in this size of hotel. Price paid for bed and breakfast seemed reasonable before we got there, but it was definitely worth the money as we were completely satisfied.The staff were very attentive and friendly. The only slight negative was that the bar prices seemed high compared to what we are used to but we have nothing else to compare them to in Scotland so had another one anyway!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
gill_campbell, Manager at Old Loans Inn, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback, as a privately owned company we strive to provide the best in standards and customer care, I am delighted enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will visit again in the near future.
Carluke
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

A lovely small hotel...the most friendly and helpful staff, excellent food and an extremely comfortable room, spotlessly clean with every amenity you could possibly need. Thank you for a great weekend.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
I am delighted you enjoyed your weekend with us and will pass your comments to our team at the Old Loans Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
The Marine Hotel
South Beach Hotel
South Beach Hotel
#4 of 6 in Troon
Hallmark Hotel Irvine

Been to Old Loans Inn? Share your experiences!