“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Velvet Apple
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Spanish, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Velvet Apple is our cafe/restaurant serving fantastic, locally sourced food that passes our high standards, delivered with a smile by our team of dedicated staff. We are open every day for coffee and totally scrumptious homemade cakes, also freshly prepared delicious lunches. We also open every Friday for our West End nights and every second Saturday for a themed night!
Irvine Ayrshire
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Great food ,great staff, great atmosphere.
Would highly recommend The Velvet Apple for Lunch/dinner the presentation of the food is excellent and the taste well go try it's a must
A five star establishment .

3 Thank carolann h

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab eatery.... Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Visited velvet apple last week with my mum. We were warmly welcomed by a lovely, enthusiastic young man named Alistair. He was really pleasant and made us feel at home. We had a great experience... Tasty food, super service and a lovely ambience. What more could one ask for. The soup was one of the best I've tasted ... Their chef Karen is a gem. Would definitely go back. Well done to Gillian and her team

1 Thank Sparklyira
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Relaxed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My friends took me to the Velvet Apple a couple of times. The 1st visit we had coffee and their amazing Cheese and Paprika scone, this was the tastiest scone I've ever had. On the 2nd visit we had lunch, between the 3 of us we had chicken, lemon & pepper baguette, Ayrshire ham sandwich and chilli nachos, all nicely served on wooden boards with salad trimmings.
I look forward to eating at the Velvet Apple on my next visit to Troon, hopefully their new restaurant which they are opening later this year, will live upto the current standards.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Rude, ill mannered staff and a pretentious atmosphere”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I visited this cafe for coffee and cake with my Mum and 1 year old daughter. On arriving, the staff asked if we wanted food and when I stated just coffee and cakes the waitress practically growled at us. Other people were served before us even though they came in 10 minutes after, the cakes were sitting uncovered near the door and were rather stale. We waited about 15 minutes for these. The staff were very rude and we were given dirty looks whenever my daughter made a noise. The overall experience was terrible and we couldn't wait to leave. Almost £14 for 2 coffees and 2 cakes. I would recommend C gulls around the corner for anyone who has children as they are obviously not welcome in this place. I feel the 'velvet apple' is trying to be something it is not, it's a small cafe in troon, not the highgrove...but then again at least the staff there are nice!!

4 Thank Nic858
Troon, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Oriental Night.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Well we hadn't tried the Oriental night before - we were not disappointed!
Great food once again - superb service - and company.
Chicken, Noodles, Salad, Lamb, only some of the 'tapas' dishes we had.
The sharing platters are a wonderful way of tasting dishes that you may not have chosen from a regular menu.
At £12.95 per head - great value for money.
Service - 10/10
Food - 10/10
Drink 10/10

Are you getting the theme here - a great night out enjoyed by all.