“Cosy wee lunch”

Velvet Apple
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Spanish, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Velvet Apple is our cafe/restaurant serving fantastic, locally sourced food that passes our high standards, delivered with a smile by our team of dedicated staff. We are open every day for coffee and totally scrumptious homemade cakes, also freshly prepared delicious lunches. We also open every Friday for our West End nights and every second Saturday for a themed night!
Troon, United Kingdom
“Cosy wee lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Once again my wife and I enjoyed a lovely lunch in the Velvet Apple in Troon. Great service in a nice atmosphere with a different quirky wee menu with good choices. The food is reasonably priced and the choice of home made cakes etc is tremendous. All in all well worth a visit. I look forward to them moving soon to their larger premises branching out into a wine / coctail bar restaurant.

1 Thank tabamba

Troon, United Kingdom
“After school treat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Took my grandson here after school he loves the hot chocolate and marshmallows home baking is delicious.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jacqueline B
Irvine Ayrshire
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Great food ,great staff, great atmosphere.
Would highly recommend The Velvet Apple for Lunch/dinner the presentation of the food is excellent and the taste well go try it's a must
A five star establishment .

3 Thank carolann h
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab eatery.... Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Visited velvet apple last week with my mum. We were warmly welcomed by a lovely, enthusiastic young man named Alistair. He was really pleasant and made us feel at home. We had a great experience... Tasty food, super service and a lovely ambience. What more could one ask for. The soup was one of the best I've tasted ... Their chef Karen is a gem. Would definitely go back. Well done to Gillian and her team

1 Thank Sparklyira
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Relaxed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My friends took me to the Velvet Apple a couple of times. The 1st visit we had coffee and their amazing Cheese and Paprika scone, this was the tastiest scone I've ever had. On the 2nd visit we had lunch, between the 3 of us we had chicken, lemon & pepper baguette, Ayrshire ham sandwich and chilli nachos, all nicely served on wooden boards with salad trimmings.
I look forward to eating at the Velvet Apple on my next visit to Troon, hopefully their new restaurant which they are opening later this year, will live upto the current standards.