“Nice Place for a coffee”
Review of Velvet Apple - CLOSED

Velvet Apple
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Velvet Apple is our cafe/restaurant serving fantastic, locally sourced food that passes our high standards, delivered with a smile by our team of dedicated staff. We are open every day for coffee and totally scrumptious homemade cakes, also freshly prepared delicious lunches. We also open every Friday for our West End nights and every second Saturday for a themed night!
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A good cup of strong coffee that really hits the spot, served by friendly staff. Also a good selection of home baking.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Popped in one day when on the go, after hearing good reviews, for a spot of lunch. Struggled to find anything I wanted to eat! Sandwich range is strange, nothing I liked, and I'm not a fussy eater. Other than sandwiches there was a velvet board range, nibble range or soup. As I had already ordered my coffee it was a little awkward to not order any food, luckily one of the two soups was up my street. Soup and bread was tasty as was the coffee. Wouldn't go back for lunch, there are plenty better cafés nearby.

4  Thank U7662AZjamesm
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Great place. Called in for coffee and changed our mind and asked for sandwiches. They had just stopped serving lunch, however the staff were great and served up two fantastic sandwich choices. Would highly recommend the Velvet Apple. Great staff, very friendly.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Once again my wife and I enjoyed a lovely lunch in the Velvet Apple in Troon. Great service in a nice atmosphere with a different quirky wee menu with good choices. The food is reasonably priced and the choice of home made cakes etc is tremendous. All in all well worth a visit. I look forward to them moving soon to their larger premises branching out into a wine / coctail bar restaurant.

1  Thank tabamba
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Took my grandson here after school he loves the hot chocolate and marshmallows home baking is delicious.

2  Thank Jacqueline B