“Choose carefully and check sizes”

Scott's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Troon
Price range: US$16 - US$48
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Part of the Buzzworks portfolio of restaurants.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our hotel recommended Scott's as the best restaurant in Troon and we were glad to be able to get a table early as we had been told nothing was available. Great view of the Marina and attentive staff. That's the good news or part of it. My wife was happy with her tomato soup and fish and chips which I tried and agreed with her. I chose King Scallops and Langoustines. I have never seen scallops as small as the three ones which arrived looking lonely and tiny among a bed of salad and our waiter tried to pretend that these were normal Scottish scallops. Having been brought up in Ayrshire, I know that is rubbish. At 9 pounds for this dish, around 100 pounds a pound rather outrageous.
The langoustines were incredibly disappointing. We live in Paris part of the year and the best langoustines in Paris all come from the West coast of Scotland. I can only assume that all that is left for local restaurants are the runts of the langoustine litters. At 19 pounds for 6 langoustines which were small and frankly overcooked another grossly overpriced dish.
Very sad as it should be possible to have wonderful seafood in Troon. Oban, where I have had first class shellfish in the past is not that far away so I hope that an effort is made to improve size and quality of your offering.

1  Thank jrcwparis
Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A really brilliant venue, fantastic customer service friendly and attentive. Food is great, fresh and tasty. The restaurant has brilliant big windows looking out onto the harbour, really unique and beautiful. Definitely recommended a visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food and service good. Booked online a week in advance so a wee bit disappointed, though, to be put at a table which was sandwiched between the back of the till and the fire exit. If we go back I will make sure to phone in advance and ask for a table which actually looks out on the marina.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a visit for my wife's birthday with all the family. We've been before and never been disappointed. We were in the conservatory this time and with such a lovely night it added to the whole experience. Good food, great service and less than I expected to pay, I cannot find a reason to complain.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We call in for our evening meal starters
Duck watermelon salad twTwo small pieces of duck and three squares of water melon good but need a magnifying glass tofind duck but very nice when you did
Prawns and garlic bread excellent
But all down hill from there

Main meal of steak came but all veg cold meat cooked well but hat to send back for fresh veg meat must have been it under Heater came back over done gave up complaining as table next to us where enjoying birthday dinner

Never stayed for pudding as we disappoint ed

Staff very very good and cocktails well made
Only had the one