“Short stay November 2013”
Review of The Marine Hotel

The Marine Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel is very comfortable & welcoming. The staff are friendly and eager to help - as I discovered when we were relocated to a bedroom with a shower unit, as my wife would have difficulty to access a shower over a bath. This was achieved for us despite the hotel being extremely busy.
I would recommend taking advantage of any special offers, as the quality of the good alone merits a visit so any deal s a bonus.
My one gripe is the poor wifi speed,baking a dimple newspaper download a very lengthy & frustrating operation.
If that were addressed, which I am sure will be, then I would rated the hotel a worthy 5.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
JulietP806, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your trip and pleased that we responded quickly to your requests.
Thank you for the feedback regarding our Wi-Fi I will have this checked.
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, I do hope that we will see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Marine Hotel

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My company booked me into this filthy hotel early this year. it was booked under my company name .
my room smelled of BO obviously the cleaner who had cleaned it wasn't too clean.
the room was looking over the golf course the only good thing I can say.
windows filthy
bolts on windows so they cant be opened wide fire hazard
plastic curtains fire hazard
bathroom filthy
food was terrible breakfast burned
ate elsewhere
swimming pool unattended no lifeguards and parents visibly drunk in pool with children.
flooring in the bar is lifting

a total disgrace

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank john B
JulietP806, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you had such an awful stay at our hotel. I am surprised that you have waited quite such a long time to share your comments and chosen not to share them with the hotel either when you stayed or during the intervening months.
It is very difficult to comment on your criticism as I do not accurately know when you stayed or what name you stayed under. I can say with some certainty however that I do not in any way recognise your description of our hotel.
I have tried to make contact with you in order to fully understand your complaint and if we have made errors make amends, I am disappointed that thus far you have chosen to not respond. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss his further and can be reached directly at the hotel on 01292 314444 or at a.deighan@pumahotels.co.uk
I hope that I hear from you soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I had an overnight break on Sunday 17th November booked through Hotel Connexions. Although the weather was pretty miserable outside, the welcome was warm and friendly inside. We were shown to our comfortably-furnished but smallish room which provided excellent views over the golf course and the sea and islands beyond. We dined in the comparatively new Two Fat Ladies restaurant, sampling both the table d'hote and a la carte menus - we thoroughly enjoyed our choices. Breakfast the next morning offered a wide range of hot and cold dishes to suit ll tastes. The service provided by all staff we encountered was efficient and friendly and I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of the hotel have the best views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Agnes D
JulietP806, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you very much for your review. It is great to read such great comments. I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed your time in Two Fat Ladies. Thank you for choosing to stay with us I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for several years now and it never fails to deliver. The food is superb, the staff friendly and attentive. After enjoying the wonderful food in the restaurant you can go for long walks on the beach or enjoy a spot of shopping in the town, with plenty of little independent shops offering things you wouldn't normally see on the high street. The excellent pool/sauna room lets you try to shift some of the extra waistline you have managed to accumulate. The views over to the isle of Arran are beautiful, especially in winter. We will be staying yet again this year for several days over the Christmas period and as usual will be looking forward to good food and meeting old friends. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel as a restful and enjoyable experience. Book, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Book an upgraded room at the front of the hotel for views over the famous Royal Troon Golf course an...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David P

Thank you very much for the great review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and are coming back so soon. It will be a pleasure to serve you again.
Thank you for continuing to stay with us and we will see you again in a few weeks.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at the Marine hotel in September 2013, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was excellent and the room comfortable. We used the hotel as a base to visit Aaron and the surrounding countryside. A great experience and we would recommend The Marine Hotel to all our friends.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a sea view, it looks over the golf course and you can see the isle of Aaron.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review. I am delighted that you had a good stay and very pleased you enjoyed the spectacular views. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

A great place to stay if you like to fall out of bed and stroll down to one of the best courses in the world. Rooms were nice but nothing overly special. The were clean and tidy but not all that spacious. The breakfast was very good!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and delighted that you enjoyed breakfast. I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have just returned today from two days and two nights at the above hotel booked through Classic Britain. The hotel was spotless, the staff were fantastic, the service could not have been better. The door man called Walter was so helpful. Well done the Marine Troon we will certainly be back.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 224 and 228 excellent view of the sea and over looking golf course.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the great review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to maintain a high standard and it is very encouraging to see such great feedback.
Thanks again for the review and I hope that we will see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
Piersland House Hotel
Seamill Hydro
#1 of 2 in West Kilbride
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Fairfield House Hotel

Been to The Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!