“Marine”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Marine”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Excellent staff and value.great location and walks.close to Prestwick and Ayr with their great shops and restaurants.The Marine has a great restaurant with a great choice of meals and wines but it is a little pricey but worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for such a lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and especially pleased that you enjoyed the restaurant.
I hope we will see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My work colleagues and I visited the marine hotel for the festive party night and an overnight stay on saturday 7/12/13
The girls on the check in desk were lovely and welcoming, and check in prompt and informative.
The hotel itself was well presented in a beautiful location, very spacious clean rooms although I was disappointed our balcony door was screwed shut. However I did understand there could be a possible health and safety concern and this was the reason for the permanent closure.
The festive party night evening meal was delicious although as a table of only seven we were not all served at the same time and some of my colleagues were disappointed at the portion sizes.
My disappointments were that the free glass of wine on arrival did not arrive and the resident band roadster advertised as the entertainment was in fact a man sitting in a chair playing songs from a computer. However I would return to this hotel as the facilities and the staff were first class.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for the lovely review. I am very pleased that you had such a great stay with us.
Apologies for any confusion regarding the band, the only party night that offered a disco rather than a band was the one you attended and whilst this was clearly marked in all of our advertising I am sorry if you were disappointed.
We work hard to maintain a high standard and it is very encouraging to read such great feedback. Thanks or choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.
Scotland
Reviewed 2 December 2013

From the time we arrived at the hotel, we were treated so well by all the staff, Walter the concierge and Heather at check in could not do enough for us. The staff in the spa, bar and restaurant were all excellent. The sea view rooms are well worth the extra, the views are fantastic. The hotel is very relaxing and so peaceful and that was when the hotel was full. We enjoyed the leisure facilities, the food was lovely and the spa therapists were fab. So I would definitely recommend this hotel for a get away from it all break with a lovely atmosphere

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AyrshirePinkLady
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thanks for the great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, we can only maintain a high standard by listening to our guests therefore your feedback is hugely encouraging. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.
scotland
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My friend and i visited your hotel 30/11/13 for 1 overnight spa break, check in swift and informative, girls pleasant and very courteous, they are a credit to your hotel. Hotel room nice and homely, we were in room 19, was a disabled room, so large spacious bathroom,bedroom had all facilities, iron,iron board,hairdryer,toiletries in bathroom,room was very warm though but probably would appreciate this nearer winter time. Spa facilities very good, we both had a 1/2 hr massage and 1/2hr facial in the one room together which was very nice, the girls were very good and very polite and friendly,nice touch to be taken together as at some spa's although you book this it doesn't always happen which then means someone is left sitting on their own whilst the other one is in. Pool very nice and clean and noticed that in the Short space of time that we were there. they had taken 2 samples to be tested. Toweling robe and slippers were supplied as part of our booking. Spa was at 5pm for both us, filled in usual informative questionnaire for their records. We had dinner booked for 2015 hrs in the two fat ladies restaurant, very very nice, we had golf course,sea view in conservatory which was a lovely surprise, food was exquisite and albeit we did not partake on the a la carte menu, the normal was not far behind, very very impressed with service and food, all staff were well trained,well informed, courteous, pleasant and nothing was a trouble to them, breakfast was very nice as well and all the nice touches warm plates, asked if we needed topped up with tea and toast, all in all this was well worth the price that we paid, would recommend this hotel to friends and family,very very nice - the staff are a credit to the hotel.My only irk was the price of a glass of rose wine £ 6.75 bearing in mind wouldn't of complained about the price but there is no way this was a large glass of wine more a small to medium, when you compare that you can get a bottle of blossom hill rose wine for £ 6-£7.00, outwith the hotel so slightly pricey there but didn't put me off.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for such a great review. It is great to read such great feedback and I am particularly happy to see that you enjoyed your experience in Two Fat Ladies.
Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us and I do hope that we will see you again soon.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

We were at this lovely hotel for our anniversary. Lovely room, very spacious and we'll kept. We were helped to our room by a very nice door man. The lounge was relaxing and not to expensive for drinks. Great views across to Arran and over the golf course. The food in the restaurant was first class, and there was no rush to finish your meal. Breakfast again was excellent. We never used the spa facilities but they looked good. Defiantely a must return.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted that you had a good stay.
We work very hard to maintain a high standard and it is very encouraging to read such great feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Troon
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed here, for the second year in a row, for a 2 night break along with another couple. The location is excellent with the most wonderful views out to Ailsa Craig and Arran. The hotel has a lovely, relaxed feel to it and the staff are all very friendly and exceptionally helpful. Food was very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank mjs412013
Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay, I am delighted that you had a pleasant visit.
It is very encouraging to see such great feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed our new restaurant.
Thank you very much for staying with us again and I hope that we see you again soon.
scotland
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel is very comfortable & welcoming. The staff are friendly and eager to help - as I discovered when we were relocated to a bedroom with a shower unit, as my wife would have difficulty to access a shower over a bath. This was achieved for us despite the hotel being extremely busy.
I would recommend taking advantage of any special offers, as the quality of the good alone merits a visit so any deal s a bonus.
My one gripe is the poor wifi speed,baking a dimple newspaper download a very lengthy & frustrating operation.
If that were addressed, which I am sure will be, then I would rated the hotel a worthy 5.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
JulietP806, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your trip and pleased that we responded quickly to your requests.
Thank you for the feedback regarding our Wi-Fi I will have this checked.
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, I do hope that we will see you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
Piersland House Hotel
#4 of 6 in Troon
Seamill Hydro
Seamill Hydro
#1 of 2 in West Kilbride

Been to The Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!