“Amazing!! ”
Review of The Marine Hotel

The Marine Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Won a competition for an over night stay here in an executive suite with a 3 course meal and breakfast for two. The suite is beautiful, the food (in two fat ladies) sublime and the staff wonderful. Sharley on front desk this evening has made this stay extra special for us nothing was too much trouble and made us feel like 5* VIPs. What an amazing experience highly recommended ;)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rosie131
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thanks for reviewing your stay, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your prize! The photographs are great too! I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

A day and evening break with friends. Lovely location a mile from Troon and the room and hotel was really nice. The staff were extremely helpful and service was quick in bar and at breakfast.
The main reason I wanted to review this hotel is that nothing was any trouble and as I have a special diet was slightly worried when they said they would serve a Gluten Free afternoon tea. I was served with sandwiches and a little selection of cakes. At breakfast they gave me GF toast. I was delighted as normally this is not an option. I enjoyed the spa and overall had a great night

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jooles6377

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, it is very encouraging to read such great feedback and I am delighted we were able to accommodate your requests so smoothly!
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I had an overnight stay in this hotel and would recommend it very traditional and if you like golf this hotel has a lot of history as pictures on the walls show of golf legends like Tom Watson lee Trevino and one of seve sitting outside on the hotel terrace , The rooms were clean with lovely views across to arran the service of hotel staff was friendly and helpful would stay here again .

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Hamps67

Thank you very much for such a great review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We are lucky enough to have hosted most of the greats of golf over the years and I am really pleased that you were able to enjoy some of that history.
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I took my friend on a spa experience at this hotel. The service was impeccable. We had a light lunch early then went to the spa. A lovely pool, with the added surprise that there was aerobics when we got there! Spacious steam room and sauna and a Jacuzzi too.
Then we went for afternoon tea, which was fresh and excellent.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a spa break!

Room Tip: Sorry, we didn't stay overnight!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rafasuzy

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at The Marine. I am very pleased that you had such a great time. Our Spa Days are very popular and we have worked hard to ensure a great experience, the comments are hugely encouraging.
Thank you for choosing us and I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I had a two night break at this hotel recently and enjoyed every minute. We had spectacular views from the room which was also lovely and spacious.

We had fun in the lovely leisure facilities and the service and staff were excellent.

Two fat ladies for dinner was delicious.

Will definitely be back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire B

Thank you for such a lovely review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and particularly delighted that you liked Two Fat Ladies restaurant.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed at the Marine Hotel as part of an ''It Is On'' deal and was very pleasantly surprised. Check in and welcome excellent,staff very friendly especially the lovely Concierge who came to my rescue trying to use the key card. We ate in the restaurant and the menu was really good plenty of choices and the food superb. The waiting staff were always on hand friendly and courteous. Hotel setting beautiful enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine in the lounge looking over the Golf Course and the sea very relaxing. Only downside booked a double room but it turned out to be 2 single beds pushed together and unfortunately 2 different heights so perhaps something to look at for future guests. Would I use the Marine Hotel again .......yes apart from the bed a lovely welcoming experience....look out for the Concierge he is a wee treasure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank murfsGlasgow

Thank you very for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am delighted that you had such a good stay. Thank you for your comments regarding the beds in your room, I will have this checked as a matter of urgency.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed for business with a group of 8 for an away day meeting. The standard of accommodation, food and facilities was excellent, the service from the staff was friendly, professional and efficient. Excellent value for money, I will definitely return and recommend for future business trips.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank beckymw

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that your visit was good, it was a pleasure to host your meeting.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
Piersland House Hotel
#1 of 17 in Ayr
South Beach Hotel
South Beach Hotel
#3 of 6 in Troon

Been to The Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!